Anyone Had There LMGT4s Refurbed?

Karlp

Looking at getting my LMGT4s refurbed as 2 of them are showing signs of corrosion on the polished rim, first question is could I polish the lip up myself using some good metal polish and wet/dry?

Second question is have other people had there LMGT4s refurbed and have you kept the polished rim or just had them sprayed??

As just spraying them seems a bit wrong with the lovely polished rim and centre cap whats on them.

Takes some real dedication to keep the polished lips looking good. Check out bullet magnets wheels, he's just had the lip painted but in a chrome like paint which gives you the best of both worlds.

I'd seriously avoid going down the diamond cut option.

Takes some real dedication to keep the polished lips looking good. Check out bullet magnets wheels, he's just had the lip painted but in a chrome like paint which gives you the best of both worlds.

I'd seriously avoid going down the diamond cut option.

Hmmm, the polished lips are hard to upkeep and an absolute nightmare in winter, just didn't want to lose the finish on lip with spraying them.

Do like the look of BMs Volks with the chrome paint tho! Good alternative.

Mine are currently being refurbed as we speak and will be re diamond cut they have just come out the acid bath ready for final prep before the base coat before diamond cutting.

20130226_195004_zps9956fedd.jpg

Nice! Where are you based mate and how much did that cost you?

In Essex mate, cost is unknown at moment as the guy doing it is a friend and i have helped him out quite a lot recently so doing me a deal on top plus i get to help and learn it at same time well the diamond cutting as already done powder coating before, but i can get a cost if you need.

Mine are currently being refurbed as we speak and will be re diamond cut they have just come out the acid bath ready for final prep before the base coat before diamond cutting.

Looking forward to seeing how these come out, I was beginning to wonder what you had done with them.:thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing how these come out, I was beginning to wonder what you had done with them. :thumbs:

They have been sitting under my bed waiting for signs of spring. Been so difficult knowing they were there and not getting them done and fitted sooner. been a few months since i picked them up from you.

Nice dude.

Considering going with a graphite type colour, similar to granite sky colour that lexus use.

Or go with the chrome paint???

Can do nearly any colour you want. this is where mine are being done www.paintituk.com/index.asp

Edited by rodgeevans

• 2 weeks later...