In need of a little help......

bernie110478

Driving home and looks out of rear mirror and I'm leaving a water trail, looks under car and lost about a litre of water. Calls michanics and they came filled radiator took her to the garage. Gets a call saying may be water pipe they took it off and nothing wrong we pipe. They connected it again took it for a run then Text me to say all done come pick up car , next minute they had reversed car and she had dropped all the water again they have no idea were its coming from does anyone have any ideas ......

Cant believe a garage is saying ' no idea where its coming from' :wacko:

I'd be tempted to take it somewhere else.

Is the water coming from the coolant system? Is that where they are topping it up from?

It could also be the windscreen or headlight washer reservoir which are located behind the front bumper in either corner. Because of your veilside kit the head light washers are probably disconnected but could be leaking.

doesnt sound good! either the cap is gone and not holding pressure or the system is getting pressured from the engine

one is a cheap fix and the other is not!

or as sam says just the fans not coming on and a simple overheat. to be honest though on a normal drive in the weather we have at the moment the car shouldnt be overheating even without the fans.... ????

Edited by SteveM

Best to take the car to a garage that knows there way around a 350Z.

As the guys have said it could be that the electric fans are not kicking in, however this will only default when sitting stationery or in slow moving traffic.

I have the fan motors and anything else that you may require to fix this issue in stock and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help you further even if it is for just a bit of technical guidance:

Where are you based?

Alex. :)

Mmm unfortunately it does sound like your cooling system is getting pressurised by your engine..... This is not a good thing.

Worth trying a new rad cap just in case though, maybe the spring pressure has just weakened over time. If your lucky.

The car is not overheating but it is chucking the water out the overflow at the radiator cap when I take out on the open road. The bottom pipe coming from the engine is solid when the engine is running

doesnt sound good........ only time i have ever experienced anything like that was on an old 2.0 ltr turbo lump that blew a head gasket... pressurised the system enough to explode the overflow tank....

My Ex 350Z had the same issue had it less than 24 Hrs after buying.

Took it for a drive after buying it from a private seller, 1 head gasket warped and the other cracked and both fan motors were not working. Nearly £3000 to fix plus court cost when I took the seller and the independent inspection company who I won't name for legal reason to small claim court.

Lost the case because the vehicle was fine when I bought it seemingly, I drove it 50 mile slowly as I had just gone for 1.4 FW to 3.5 RW.

Got 370Z now from Westway with 2 years of warrenty.

Edited by N9JAH