HKS HYBID SPORTS OIL FILTER WORTH IT OR NOT?

wide

Hi all,

has anyone tried the HKS HYBID SPORTS OIL FILTER & did you notice any difference to say a k&n or oem filter as they are twice the price of the k&n & 3 times that of the oem so was just wondering if people thought it was worth it or not, hks claim "A new concept oil filter which improves oil pressure drop and flow properties by approximately 30% compared to current sports oil filters. Large diameter "Super Intake Hole" and newly developed low resistance hybrid filter allows for low pressure loss. Engine response is improved by reducing the load on the engine."

thanks for any info. matt (wide)

I guess it depends what you use for car for and how heavily modified it is already? If you are a competition racer or drifter and worried about 10th's of seconds in lap times then it might be benificial. For general road use, I highly doubt you'd notice any difference, unless you are super lightweight, forged and FI?

This is just my opinion ofc, I have no technical knowledge or experience with this, just seems likely that the oil filter isn't a performance bottleneck.

I've used these since I first had the zed serviced after I bought it, purely because it was pretty, I do like a bit of HKS, and they're still pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things :shrug: Can't say I ever noticed any performance difference on the road though!