LED Bulbs

Shaun1982

I'm sure there's probably the answer I require within search response but searching on tapatalk seems absolutely pointless! Everything but what I'm looking for.

My interior light is currently turned off as it has a mind of its own when its on doors, Dave put blue bulbs in, only one of which works. Even manually pushing the light unit on etc it only works when it chooses to so my first option is to try new bulbs.

Do I need canbus LED's or will normal LED's be fine?

Wouldn't mind changing sidelights & number plate lights to LED's while I'm at it too. Will they need canbus? eBay gives both when searching for 350z LEDs etc

If it helps anyone at all, Sidelights, numberplate lights and side indicators are all W5W bulbs, these dont need to be the CANBUS special ones but at the same time it doesnt hurt iof they are.

The interior dome lights are 31mm festoon bulbs and the lights behind the sun visors are 29mm festoons (these are hard to find in LED variaty, had to order mine from the USA).

All of the above on my Zed are LED. The visors is a little OTT, its difficut to actually use the mirrir as the LED is so bright!

Correct

Although your interior dome lights you need a 42mm festoon type led bulb

If it helps anyone at all, Sidelights, numberplate lights and side indicators are all W5W bulbs, these dont need to be the CANBUS special ones but at the same time it doesnt hurt iof they are.

The interior dome lights are 31mm festoon bulbs and the lights behind the sun visors are 29mm festoons (these are hard to find in LED variaty, had to order mine from the USA).

All of the above on my Zed are LED. The visors is a little OTT, its difficut to actually use the mirrir as the LED is so bright!

So is it a 42mm or 31mm Festoon buld that is required for the interior dome light?

sorry yes 31mm festoon, edited that! was looking at my watch list on ebay and had some 42mm ones on there for some reason :confused:

i went with blue festoon lights :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59886-blue-festoon-dome-light-bulbs-anyone/page__hl__%22dome+light%22

be careful on the type you get as you dont want to bridge the gap between connectors and short the circuit can be a costly job, few threads on the forum about it