Check out this cool iPhone / iPad App, a must for Zed's

WhackyWill

Use your iPhone or iPad as a track or road video camera system, which will overlay

Video, Audio, GForce, Location Data, Date, SPEED,

A great App. its called "Action Camera Cockpit Recorder" download it from the

iPhone App Store. and its FREE.

Enjoy.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

That's complete "Boll**cks...NO the Police cannot use your iPhone video

to convict you of speeding, they are lucky to be able to use their own Vascar system in

Court, if it has not been callibrated that day and signed for by the technician.....

so you think the court will accept a free Iphone app..NO they wont.

I didn't say they'd use it for speeding: You're right, it would be too much hassle to prove speed with that, but they can happily use it as evidence for any number of other naughty things you can do on the road.

I didn't say they would use it solely to convict you. I said they'd use it in evidence. You have a crash, police attend, take the video and produce it in court if the CPS feel they have a strong enough case. No different to using CCTV or any other kind of video evidence. There's plenty of case law to back this up, too.

But hey, whatever you think.

Looks like a good app.

I dont think the cops could use much of what you filmed against you, unless you videoed yourself running down pedestrians or somthing!

I got told off on here the other day for saying I did 85 on a motorway (which I did!). I would love to see a motoring conviction arise from the evidence of 'internet chatroom banter'! :)

• Like 1

Again arguments for and against and as some of you know I have had CCTV in my Zed ever since i got it.

Glad I have as when the **** that side swiped me on A3 in August said he wasn't there, The CCTV proved my case.

However on the flip side, some dum idiot took his new shotgun round to show his mate and allowed him to shoot some off in his back garden whist another mate recorded it on his phone.

This mate then uploaded it to u-tube and within a few days of it being on there the armed police swooped on his home and he is doing some time.

It really is a toss of the coin debate and yes, if the police found you had a recording device the short of it all is unlike voice tape it can be used as evidence.

It really does'nt matter if you have worked or trained with the police as I have had many a policeman on courses that I used to run out of Watford college. The subject never seemed to rear its head.

It's no different to using the CCTV footage from shops and banks to get a conviction as far as i am aware.

Anyway moving on. Do I need a college degree to work this device or not?

No 4RE its automatic set up....

Your mate with the shotgun's mistake was posting it on a Social Media. Bad Move :thumbdown:

He wasn't my mate, I was reading up on it in a shooting magazine back last year.

You would be surprised what people do without thinking.

Not so long ago on u-tube there were some recordings of a Zed going about 150mph on a UK motorway.

I have been trying to find them again but cant!