Front suspension clunk.

lew

Well I've only had the car a week and the problems have started. This one is a really nasty suspension clunk when the wheels go over rough surfaces. Its really taking the fun out of driving it.

A search throws up a TSB from nissan saying to tighten some link bolts, which I have and they wont go any tighter so I dont think its that.

I have jacked up both sides and had the wheels off looking for play in anything and cant seem to find anything loose or worn.

Any ideas?

there's loads of info on the forum about these suspension noises if you search around. Most likely it will be the drop links or the bannana arm. To check the drop links just disconnect one end of both of the front ones and then take is for a drive and see if the noise has gone, if it hasn't then it will be the bannana arm bush.

Edited by jell36

Yeah, I did read about the bananna bars and drop links via the search button. Guess i'll check the drop links first. How do you disconnect them? is it just a case of unbolting them?

As for the bananna bar, can you change the bush or do you replace the whole bar? DIY or garage job you think? Whts the best place for these types of suspension spares?

Cheers.