Window Problem

AJRFulton

Picked up my new GT Edition today.

Before I go back to the dealer, this maybe just me overlooking something.

Whenever a person gets in or out, the window drops slightly. Now I expect this is normal, given the drivers window lifts again on the door closing.

However, twice today I've returned to the car with my passenger, and the passengers window has been around 1'' open.

Is this a problem, or is it something I'm overlooking?

If for whatever reason the battery has been disconnected your windows will "forget" where the top is and so won't do the "down on open, up on close" with the doors. The automatic close feature with a single press on the driver's side will also stop working. So they don't catch the frame when you open the doors they still drop, they just don't go back up, so you get the rather frustrating behaviour of the windows just inching their way open as you open and close the doors.

Now from the sound of it your driver's side is calibrated and working but the passenger side isn't, most likely because someone has reset only one side at some point.

To do the reset, start the car, push the window open button until the window opens fully and keep holding it down for 5 seconds. Then pull it up to fully close the window, again holding it up for 5 seconds once closed.

If it works the window should now drop when you open the door and pop back up when you close it.

If that doesn't work then pop her into the dealer for a check. :thumbs:

Edited by TheMacDaddy

I was just looking something else up and stumbled across the page in the service manual:

ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REMOVING BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL : Special

Repair Requirement INFOID:0000000004460995

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE

1. Disconnect battery negative terminal or power window switch connector. Reconnect it after a minute or

more.

2. Door switch is OFF (close).

3. Turn ignition switch ON.

4. Operate power window switch to fully open the window. (This operation is unnecessary if the window is

already fully open.)

5. Continue pulling the power window switch AUTO-UP. Even after glass stops at the fully closed position,

keep pulling the switch for 3 seconds or more.

6. Initializing procedure is completed.

Another question. The full beam indicator light on the dash.... Is there any way to dim this?

Not sure what Nissan were thinking putting a bulb that bright on there.

This has been raised before with the 350's and seems to affect those who, er, sit low in the seats, as being a lanky bugger I've never noticed it to be a problem.

I'm 5'9'', although do have a reasonably tall driving position as I don't slouch.

The light is very distracting, to the point I'm wondering if the wrong bulb is in it or something. It lights me up, and is bright enough to the point I could read, albeit with strained eyes, using it