Anodised Brembos.

OsakaBen

Thinking out loud here, obviously endless brakes are a 'anodised blue'. As I have a big brake kit in need of attention I thought I'd try something a little bit different to paint.

I'm guessing the calipers would need to be polished before being anodised?

Can anyone offer any advice here?

I'd also like to raise the brembo logo as a metal badge rather than just a sticker. I'm slightly strange

Thinking out loud here, obviously endless brakes are a 'anodised blue'. As I have a big brake kit in need of attention I thought I'd try something a little bit different to paint.

I'm guessing the calipers would need to be polished before being anodised?

Can anyone offer any advice here?

I'd also like to raise the brembo logo as a metal badge rather than just a sticker. I'm slightly strange

Good for you fella! Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hazard a guess that some forms of Alu don't anodise very well, as a current needs to pass through. I would guess that being dense in size they may not anodise as well?

I'm going to test a plenum which is cast aluminium, which maybe about 3-4 weeks away but I could report back.

They would need to be polished first prior to anodising.

They will anodise then, but as the ano finish is only microns thick, the quality of surface finish pre-treatment will be everything. The only problem is with larger parts, as you need X amperes per square meter of surface area, but I expect a professional outfit would be able to cope.