Anyone know a UK Supplier of JWT Pop Charger Filter Oil?

The Seasider

I have spent the last two nights on google trying to locate either some original JWT blue filter oil or even an appropriate generic blue filter oil.

Nothing. K&N easy. JWT nowhere.

I understand the K&N oil would do the job but it is red and apparently makes the lovely blue filter go a nondescript colour.

It's just i am about to service the 350 and the pop charger is in serious need of a clean.

Does anyone either know where I can get a supply or, if they have a spare bottle kicking about - let me have it for a small fee?

I use K&N oil for my JWT, tbh, as long as the oil does the job, does it matter what colour it makes the filter?

Bloody right it matters what colour it is - I want it to match the car and my eyes B)

Good tip on the piper cross oil - thanks for that D Block

• 4 weeks later...

Gave the popcharger a good clean and a re-oil last week and whilst I was at it, I cleaned the MAF meter / sensor as well with CRC - what a difference.

Unfortunately because I did both jobs together I cannot be sure which action provided the greatest gain, but the sum of the parts was a fairly impressive hike in performance which following the recent change of plugs has turned old Z into a bit of a lairy beast again.

Bring on the sunshine :)

Hello Seasider,

Can I ask what CRC is and was it much of a job to clean MAF sensor / sender?

Also have JWT filters so found this post very helpful thanks.

Cheers

Lovie.

lovie, if you haven't bought cleaner yet, don't! I've just cleaned my popcharger a few weeks ago and bought the K&N kit. There still seems to be plenty left, so you're welcome to borrow it.

Hello Seasider,g

Can I ask what CRC is and was it much of a job to clean MAF sensor / sender?b

Cheers

Lovie.

Thanks morgs, thoroughly decent of you, perhaps catch up for chat at next meet? Will obviously pay for it.

Tried to pm you to avoid jacking this thread but I was informeed you cant receive any new messages.

Sorry to Seasider for intruding on his thread.

lovie, if you haven't bought cleaner yet, don't! I've just cleaned my popcharger a few weeks ago and bought the K&N kit. There still seems to be plenty left, so you're welcome to borrow it.

Hello Seasider,

Cheers

Lovie.

CRC is the manufacturer of the cleaner spray.

I got it off ebay - about £12 I think, will do about 20 MAFs!

I'm not technical or mechanically minded but I read a few write ups and got right on with it!

Not that tricky with the pop charger - could be a bit more involved with the standard airbox.

Hello Seasider,

Cheers

Lovie.

Thanks for your help, really appreciatted. Willl look some instruction threads and give it a go.

:)

CRC is the manufacturer of the cleaner spray.

I got it off ebay - about £12 I think, will do about 20 MAFs!

I'm not technical or mechanically minded but I read a few write ups and got right on with it!

Not that tricky with the pop charger - could be a bit more involved with the standard airbox.

• 2 months later...

I use K&N oil for my JWT, tbh, as long as the oil does the job, does it matter what colour it makes the filter?

Hello Bulletmagnet,

Can I ask what you clean your filters with before you oil them?

Thanks in advance.

Lovie.