Offset/Spacers question

longsh07

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been answered already, I have read a bunch of threads but cant seem to find what im looking for. I also may answer my own question but I'd appreciate your thoughts.

In future I want to fit some 19" Volk TE37's (ET22), lower the car 30mm on Eibach springs and give it a nice flush look that 20/25 spacers on standard 18" rays gives the car. I also want to steer clear of rolling the arches.

The two setups I'm considering are:

1. Front: 19x8.5 Rear 19x9.5 (5mm spacers on front only)

2. Front: 19x9.5 Rear 19x10.5 (no spacers)

Setup 1 would poke the wheels out similar to 20/25 spacers on standard rays but is it OK to run spacers on the front only?

Setup 2 on the other hand might cause the fronts/rears to rub on the arches, sticking out past the arches, or hit the suspension. Is it OK to run wheels this wide on an standard Zed lowered 30mm?

I looked at http://www.rayswheel...19&for=domestic and it says the 19x10.5 ET22's aren't suitable for Zed's with Brembo's unlike the 8.5/9.5's but Im sure i've seen people fitting them without issue?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Below I've included all the inner clearance/outer position info

Setup 1 would give me:

Front

Inner clearance: 2mm more

Outer position: extend 14mm (+5mm spacer) = 19mm

Rear

Inner clearance: 2mm less

Outer position: extend 24mm

Setup 2 would give me:

Front

Inner clearance: 11mm less

Outer position: extend 27mm

Rear

Inner clearance: 14mm less

Outer position: extend 36mm

Option 2!

9.5J on the front and 10.5J on the rear with the offset around ET20 is perfect on the Z.

Not too much to ruin every day driving but looks the business too! You don't have to roll the arches with that setup as well :)

Just been doing a bit more reading/research into this and it looks like option two would mean I need to adjust the rear camber or get a camber kit to avoid hitting the arches.

As an option 3, I have though about keeping the current wheels (GT4 Rays) and sticking 20/25 spacers on then lowering 30mm. Not seen any mention of this causing any rubbing or needing camber kit/arches rolled. So would this make a good short term solution, while I save some pennies for rims and possible camber kit?

I had that very setup (Option 2) on my car. No need for camber kits or arch rolling unless you go to a 285 tyre.

Good to know, any pictures of it at all Ian?

Also that means my option 3 should be fine. Hopefully it will settle my need to modify the car until I can realistically afford the rims without using man maths.

I had that very setup (Option 2) on my car. No need for camber kits or arch rolling unless you go to a 285 tyre.

Good to know, any pictures of it at all Ian?

Also that means my option 3 should be fine. Hopefully it will settle my need to modify the car until I can realistically afford the rims without using man maths.

Never mind Ian found your build thread :)

Cheers but attachment seems to be broken :(

Post just reads

OK here's the beta version of the calculator ..... have a go with it and let me know what you think or post your results as *.pdf files for all to see bye1.gif

[attachment=0]350Z 'STANCE' Calculator.xls[/attachment]

Post just reads

OK here's the beta version of the calculator ..... have a go with it and let me know what you think or post your results as *.pdf files for all to see bye1.gif

Yep ... can't help with that I'm afraid ... maybe a mod could help ... I'm afraid I don't have a copy on my Mac or laptops because they have all been renewed since I made the calculator

Post just reads

Yep ... can't help with that I'm afraid ... maybe a mod could help ... I'm afraid I don't have a copy on my Mac or laptops because they have all been renewed since I made the calculator

Never mind, thanks for your help anyway :thumbs: