Honda Integra Type R

redalfa69

Prior to the 350z I currently have...was lucky enough to have an original Type-R.

Love the 350, comfort, grunt and looks...but the handling on the Type-R was phenomenal...as was the seats. Even thinking of buying one again...should have kept my old one!!!

Anyone else had both cars...or am I the only one?

Prior to the 350z I currently have...was lucky enough to have an original Type-R.

Love the 350, comfort, grunt and looks...but the handling on the Type-R was phenomenal...as was the seats. Even thinking of buying one again...should have kept my old one!!!

Anyone else had both cars...or am I the only one?

They are great handling FWD cars but a bit too scrabbly for me. You can't beat a decent handling RWD car to put a smile on your face.

I am talking about the DC2, never driven a DC5 but i imagine they are similar.

Both nice cars...driven the DC2...a bit more refined...if that is possible for a Type-R...but just not as much fun as the original...despite the noise..etc..

DC5*

Yea, as I mentioned my mate had one, and it went off its tit when the VTECH kicked in. For a 1.8L it produced a nice 200BHP, but would keep up with Skylines on twisty tracks! Quite impressive cars :)

It is the only honda i would probably actually buy if I was to buy one. Or the S2000 maybe :p

Both nice cars...driven the DC2...a bit more refined...if that is possible for a Type-R...but just not as much fun as the original...despite the noise..etc..

DC5*

Yea, as I mentioned my mate had one, and it went off its tit when the VTECH kicked in. For a 1.8L it produced a nice 200BHP, but would keep up with Skylines on twisty tracks! Quite impressive cars :)

It is the only honda i would probably actually buy if I was to buy one. Or the S2000 maybe :p

2 Litre isn't it?! ;)

Yea the B series I believe did some in a 2l Variant though, as well as a 1.6 which was in the CRX DEL SOL?

I am in no way a honda expert, pretty far from it so again I could be wrong lol!

Just did some googling, seems you are right.

1.8 = DC2

2.0 = DC5

and 3.5 litre FTW B)

Edited by 350Ad

I used to have a DC2 - It was fantastic.

Carparkpics006.jpg

I ended up fitting a 75bhp shot of nitrous to it! and it was awesome, ran like a dream, especially on NOS and surprised a lot of other cars.

teg4.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

I loved it, In the end i sold it and got a Honda S2000 which was also a fantastic car...

IMGP1666.jpg

Edited by D8NMT

I would have a DC5 if they weren't so expensive. They hold their value very well.

Agreed,........extortionate used prices for what they are. Only thing that put me off

Yep literally the only thing putting me too. A few supercharged ones knocking about aswell.

My old DC2 is still the best handling car I've driven, it was just too hardcore for me to use every day (mine didn't have aircon or radio). Have been keeping a eye on 2nd price, £4-5K to pick a good one, spend another abit updating all the suspension/brakes and your have a perfect little weekend toy...need to get a house with a double garage first, oh and get my wifes approval....so I'll just keep on dreaming :lol::surrender:

6889763778_f658ced8c9_b.jpg

7035842107_46ea1faa85_b.jpg