Common MOT Failure

sjcdeans

Since i've only had my zed for 6 months just wondering what the common reasons are for MOT failures.

My MOT is due in the next month, i usually get it done at the earliest (to preserve the mot date) however cant do it this time as when i purchased it, i got it from NI so it has a different MOT so cant do it early.

I would normally look at the cars MOT history online since 2006 but same problem being a NI car.

It doesnt even list the ones when it was a uk car orignally.

I'm not expecting to have to shell out lots of money for MOT as it drives well and safe enough (hopefully)

But want to be prepared for whats common (its a 53 plate car i have)

cheers for advice

Edited by sjcdeans

Lost locking wheel nut? Still an odd reason for failure!

Yeah but safety i guess.

I rekon someone half inched one of each wheel.

As i know a neighbour that done the same to some poor person! when someone does his! Shocking Display, not that they cost much

• 2 weeks later...

stupid question possibly but they test the handbrake efficiency on the road for the mot test do they? Because I know I've read that they can't test the rear braking on the rollers due to the diff?

Mine had an LSD and so they tested the brakes & handbrake the old school way using a box inside the car as they drove it up & down the road. Apparently the box is so lenient that if you cut a hole in the floorpan & stopped the car using your feet it would still pass according to the mechanic I spoke to. Which was just as well as the handbrake on my zed wasnt something I trusted unless it was on a flat surface.