73k miles, worth doing an up rev or not?

agentdarkshadow

Got a 2002 Jap import and its got 73k on the clock. Was thinking of taking it down to abbey in the spring for an up rev and plenum spacer etc. Was wondering what the thoughts of any of you had had it done particularly on an engine with so many miles? Worth it? Would I expect to see as many gains as say an engine with lower mileage? Oh and finally my engine is semi auto so again worth spending the money for more BHP or not? Thanks

My car had approximately 81k on the clock, and has gone up nearly 30bhp (the usual mods).

My advice before doing the UpRev, fit all of the mods on that you are going to do, preferably on the same day (if the garage is doing it for you), ensure the spark plugs/oils are fresh (basic service).

Edited by RobPhoboS

will be a different price to your's Peter , we can go for a different supplier for the DE cars , working on a new package price at the moment either Abbey fit the kit or we supply a box of bits with a base tune on a Uprev cable to be loaded into the car prior to coming to Abbey for a the final tune.

I am working with suppliers to try and keep the price as cheap as possible kit will be bolted to a car prior to be released to make sure it is all spot on.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

will be a different price to your's Peter , we can go for a different supplier for the DE cars , working on a new package price at the moment either Abbey fit the kit or we supply a box of bits with a base tune on a Uprev cable to be loaded into the car prior to coming to Abbey for a the final tune.

I am working with suppliers to try and keep the price as cheap as possible kit will be bolted to a car prior to be released to make sure it is all spot on.

So would you need someone to donate there car for this?