Does a window reset cure the lack of window drop problem ?

craig79

As above really, have read the guides and theres not really

a catagoric answer. My pass window fails to drop upon opening but if i push

it down half an inch it raises automatically when the door is shut??

If i keep the door ajar i can hear the motor operating when the door light switch

Is depressed. Everything works fine (window operates perfectly with the main switch).

Just dont fancy stripping the motor down when a window reset will suffice.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give.

Craig.

My passenger window is having problems dropping at the moment, I did the window reset at the weekend which seemed to cure it but then a couple of days later and it's not working again.

I'm not stripping the door all off again in this weather so I'm hoping it will fix itself when it's a bit warmer but if not I'll have to have a read of he guide to fix the motor it seems.

Edited by Gudzy

Thanks lads, just thought the window reset just 'taught' the window where

to start and finish so to speak. Cant understand how it tells the motor to drop and rise ?

Reading the guide, its just a case of removing the door card and the sticky cover then

proceed with the resetting ?

Thanks lads, just thought the window reset just 'taught' the window where

to start and finish so to speak. Cant understand how it tells the motor to drop and rise ?

Reading the guide, its just a case of removing the door card and the sticky cover then

proceed with the resetting ?

All done with the switch AFAIK ... no need to remove the door card

Up to the top ... hold for 5 seconds ... down to the bottom ... hold for 5 seconds ... job jobbed ( I think ? )

Thanks for that. Thought i read that there is a little button actually on the motor that had

to be held down whilst pressing the main window switch up and down respectively.??

Up to the top ... hold for 5 seconds ... down to the bottom ... hold for 5 seconds ... job jobbed ( I think ? )

Thanks for that. Thought i read that there is a little button actually on the motor that had

to be held down whilst pressing the main window switch up and down respectively.??

worked for me on the Zed and the Aston

• 2 months later...