Bonnet Lifting on One Side

N9JAH

I was hoping for some help.

I noticed this morning that my bonnet on the passenger side was not flush, it looks like the bonnet is open before the catch in released or if the car had been bumped.

There no damage to the car on that side at all.

I opened the bonnet this weekend to fill the washer bottle. Has anyone had a similar problem?

I find it strand that just one side is up as the driver’s side is flush like it should be.

Please could I have some suggestion of what I should check or what the issue is?

Car is a 2011 370Z GT (under warranty).

Edited by N9JAH
  • Like 1

When you lift the bonnet do either of the corners by the windscreen touch and possibly make the paint flake ?

This is what happened to Wills.

We have checked Colins 'Ebized' and mine and the clearance is just a bit more than a fag paper. :surrender:

Wills was adjusted and the paint sorted, but they don't like doing it because of the explosive bonnet lifters.

Wizz it to the dealer,probably not the first they will have seen.

Edit :- As Graham says ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, give Will a shout.

You might want to (if you haven't already) simply open and close the bonnet again - I saw a similar thing on my car not long after I'd got it (having had the bonnet up). Think it may have been caused by not dropping it shut from a high enough distance.

:)

You might want to (if you haven't already) simply open and close the bonnet again - I saw a similar thing on my car not long after I'd got it (having had the bonnet up). Think it may have been caused by not dropping it shut from a high enough distance.

:)

same issue here, give it a good slam and its all fine :thumbs:

Edited by steve-r

Pm sent, not really the same issue i had with mine but either way nissan should be able to fix it if its not aligned.

If it involves the pedstrian safety system though, to which the bonnet is connected with virtually no give at all, they may run a mile as its a fortune if they **** it up and trigger that safety system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Just noticed this on mine, also on the passenger side and the paint is damaged on the bottom of the 'A' post. Was at a dealers collecting some wiper blade inserts so asked them about it, answer was 'as it is an adjustment then it is not covered under warranty' he said adjustment were only done under warranty during the first month. What is it with main dealers, they all seem to be a bunch of unhelpful fu--wits :angry: