About to purchase my 1st 350, whats your views on this car...

That might get a few people's backs up Sarnie. Some people might need/prefer an auto & what's wrong with a silver car if its tidy?

Does having a 'poverty spec' zed take away from the experience compared to a GT equipped zed? My previous zed was no doubt 'poverty spec' as it had no leather, no brembo's but was it by any means a lesser experience/drive or whatever you want to call it than if I'd of got a different one?

I'd say not, I never had ANY problems with my pov spec zed

Only the truth gets people backs up :wink:

If you made a list of what you wanted from a zed, none of the things you'd want are on this car, as it's beyond poverty spec.......it's literally the bottom rung of the 350z ladder.

And what difference does it make to the way it drives? Let's say your job doesn't pay too well and you can only afford the bottom end. Your still getting the handling, looks and vq35.

That might get a few people's backs up Sarnie. Some people might need/prefer an auto & what's wrong with a silver car if its tidy?

Does having a 'poverty spec' zed take away from the experience compared to a GT equipped zed? My previous zed was no doubt 'poverty spec' as it had no leather, no brembo's but was it by any means a lesser experience/drive or whatever you want to call it than if I'd of got a different one?

+1. A 350z id a 350z. Colour doesn't bother me too much. Id have liked a red one but who cares.

A 350z isn't just a 350z. Thats why there are different specs available............

I'd love another white one but it was hard finding one back then let alone now & at the lower end of the price scale.

Good luck with your hunt, all I'd say is don't rule out finding a better looked after,condition & mileage etc zed just because its not got the extra bits a gt has

Clearly not as I bought mine, but maybe that doesn't count because it didn't have standard wheels on it?

If you've got a budget set in stone & want a zed why not take it if its Silver? You buy the best you can possibly find for your money, you can't go I only want this one colour with this exact spec & expect you will get it in your budget in this case.

Silver wouldn't be my first choice in colour but should a good example( cloth seats & 17s or not) present itself too me at a good price would I buy it? Yes I would. Can always change wheels along the line at some point.

Do I feel I haven't had the same experience as someone who got to sit their arse on leather instead? No

You might think what you said is the truth, others won't, that's your opinion not fact

Of course you buy the best for your money, thats why it's adviseable to not buy this car.The only half decent point about it is that it's blue, thats it. Everything else is awful, from the awful re-badging of the rear to the two tonne standard wheels to the cloth seats and the chav front grill.

If I bought this car and took it to a meet, I'd be embarrassed looking at everyone else's cars.

If you made a list of what you wanted from a zed, none of the things you'd want are on this car, as it's beyond poverty spec.......it's literally the bottom rung of the 350z ladder.

And what difference does it make to the way it drives? Let's say your job doesn't pay too well and you can only afford the bottom end. Your still getting the handling, looks and vq35.

The spongey suspension of the early JDM's?? And looks?? This car LOOKS awful, thats my point.

I'd but it if it was good for its money. Take the grille off, de badged or put it right. What does that cost, nothing or peanuts.

All that you made me think just tnow from your last sentence is that you are a '1up'er'

Not saying that's right but it certainly reads as though you would stand there & look down upon someone who's bought the same model you love because its not how you'd want it.

That's just my opinion, you could well be the nicest person in the world but its hard to read how things are meant

The spongey suspension of the early JDM's?? And looks?? This car LOOKS awful, thats my point.

Looks are subjective.

Wrong. JDM suspension is firmer lol.

The OP asked for views on the car, and he's got it.

It's poverty spec. Don't buy a £5k zed and then spend money on it, thats just a false economy.

Why buy that piece of crap when only another £1,100 gets you a UK, MY06 car with RAYS and GT pack;

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/350z/nissan-350z-facelift-top-of-the-range-model/947465

Only another £1.1k :lol: thats alot of money to some people.

Yea it is, but you will spend that on mods anyway. So might as well save...

Exactly.

How much would it cost for a set a Brembo callipers, pads and disks? How much for a set of new wheels and tyres? How much to replace the aftermarket exhaust if its crap? How much for a new set of seats or to get them recovered? How much for a new head unit? How much to fit a Bluetooth kit?

A lot more than £1,100 I'd say......

Lol you guys been quite funny and very helpful :)

Learnt a fair bit, and to let you all know I will be avoiding the original link.

As a post mentioned, I've started looking at the silver, there is nothing wrong with them, and I wouldn't say no, but hopefully in my search I will find a 1st/2nd choice colour car.

Just hope one comes up soon as I get impatient :(

But I will always do my best at haggling ;)

Only another £1.1k :lol: thats alot of money to some people.

Yea it is, but you will spend that on mods anyway. So might as well save...

Exactly.

How much would it cost for a set a Brembo callipers, pads and disks? How much for a set of new wheels and tyres? How much to replace the aftermarket exhaust if its crap? How much for a new set of seats or to get them recovered? How much for a new head unit? How much to fit a Bluetooth kit?

A lot more than £1,100 I'd say......

I'm not talking about that car as I havent even clicked the link but a car that is standard JDM wont have brembos but unless tracking it or you drive super hard you wont notice it.

grundy225, also be aware that I believe JDM models came in a wider 'range' or 'spec' to UK cars

Base

Enthusiast

Performance

Touring

Track

With a wide variety of included kit or add-on's dependent on the model, like variations in brakes (Non Brembo / Brembo), TCS / LSD, No Leather / Leather / Frost Leather, Auto dip mirrors etc, etc.

Just to make it even more confusing for you, sorry about that :)

You know your budget, you also know what you'd ideally like to get. All you need to do now is to get searching and keep your eyes peeled. Feel free to post up links to anything you're considering.

I thought the one you posted earlier was alright for the money, but as you now know having asked a few questions, there may be slightly better options out there. :thumbs: