Milltek exhaust

broady

OEM exhaust finally starting blowing after 75,000 miles and 5 years. Looking at the design it was quite obvious that at some point the kink behind the back box would get corroded, so the fix was not going to be another OEM system. After consulting with Mitz at Cougar Store he recommended a Cobra (the value option) but as I intend keeping the car for the forseeable I asked what the best long term solution would be and he offerd the Milltek. Both would offer me what I wanted, a similar sound and look to the OEM system, but the Milltek was the higher quality (and cost) option that I chose.

Fitting went well, the Milltek looks to the untrained eye to be a good piece of kit and a better design. Improvement over the OEM was obvious due to that having a hole in it, but I am very pleased with the sound and overall smoothness.

Thanks to Mitz and Andy for making it painless as usual.

Sounds great, James, your system needs a clean though, will send over some Autosol... :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of the downside to the Milltek, extremely shiney inner on the rear pipes, some spirited driving sorted that out and will not be cleaned again!