350z Noob

Welcome mate.

I actually went and saw this car in the flesh, before xmas. Along with a few others they had.

When I saw the car, the front right headlight was smashed and the bumper had some damage too!! I'm not sure if you are aware of this??

I was really put off by the salesmen here, they seemed nice to start with. But really got the hump when I didnt want to do a deal there and then! I'd only came to see what they had.

The other cars they had all seemed tatty. Flat tyres, dead batteries, missing gas struts and no fuel in them. Like they had been sat there a while.

To top it off the car I went to see wasnt even for sale still. I found out that they keep cars they have sold on their website to attract more business.

Yeah headlight was first thing I noticed but it's having a new one fitted amongst other bits I picked up. All the tyres on it had at least 6mm tread and the car started up first time. I'm waiting for it to get an MOT and have these things done to it then I'll be test driving it.

Is there anything I should listen out for on a test drive?

I'm no expert, so someone else might want to chip in here... Engines seem pretty bullet proof, all the ones I tested all seemed smooth and quiet. Listen for any unusual gearbox whines or noises. When reversing or pulling off, listen for the rear shafts clunking, if they do they may need replacing. Not sure there is much else to listen for...

• 3 weeks later...