Stainless Backbox on eBay

Neil

Am I the only one on here who thinks the standard system sounds and performs great? :p

Yes :lol:

But in fairness, you've only been here two months. We all thought that for the first 3 or 4 months. :p

Am I the only one on here who thinks the standard system sounds and performs great? :p

No mate...

In fact I prefer the standard system, but as the back box is blowing I am looking to replace it.

If I could find a standard back box that has been chromed (if that's possible?) then I would go for that. At worst, I'm looking for the standard box ('56 plate).

You take no notice of the nasty people pulling your leg, sunshine :wink:

Neil

Edited by Neil

No mate...

In fact I prefer the standard system, but as the back box is blowing I am looking to replace it.

If I could find a standard back box that has been chromed (if that's possible?) then I would go for that. At worst, I'm looking for the standard box ('56 plate).

Neil

Mildly condescending with 'sunshine' but other than that I think you two could be long terms friends. :lol:

Haha! Yea I guess I cant really comment on anything BUT the standard system! But it sounds so nice when you hit 3K, so nice that I wouldnt want to change it!

But hopefully when I get to some meets I can have a listen to some aftermarket systems! :)

And the standard box Neil is not stainless, hence why it doesnt stay shiny like mine! :( This would be my only reason for changing mine over!

Edited by Dave-350

No mate...

Neil

Mildly condescending with 'sunshine' but other than that I think you two could be long terms friends. :lol:

That was actually the joke flexib :wink:

No offence intended to anyone of course..

• Like 1

if your first priority is as a muffler or a silencer, then it does indeed work great... as its too quiet!

if however you're looking to be the smoothest exit for exhaust gasses, then its less good... too many baffles (find the thread where someone opened one up) my choice on a budget would be a scorpion system - same noise as stock at low rpm, but a lovely growl when you put your foot down.

the exhaust is the main reason why i dont like revving my engine out... above 5k the engine note really starts to feel strangled to me, makes more of a whooshing than growling. but then again my preious car was a 3 litre v6, with a decatted true dual exhaust and sounded absolutely :cloud9: when going for the redline.