Engine management warning light

nissan_pip

Any one able to give me any ideas as to this problem.

I own a 2008 Nissan 350z, in december 2011 my orange emw light came on, I took it to my local nissan dealer in coventry & they said that it was just a glitch, turned the light off & sent me on my way 12 months down the road this "Glitch" has cost me over £1000 in having all 4 oxy sensors replaced & still the emw comes back on after a short while ( in 3 to 7 days after so called repair) I have had three exhaust emissions test done including the cars mot last month & all have come back PASS, looking back over the last 3 mot's plus the last tests there is a negligable difference. Has anyone else had this type of problem or heard of any body else who could possibley point me in the right direction. I have tried using cataclean to see if that might make a difference but no joy.

HELP!!!!!!

My engine management light came on in December 2011, I read the code and it was oxygen sensor. I was told it could have been the cold weather. I reset the light and it never came back on. Probably was just the really cold weather last year!

Edited by stuarty

Thanks guys for getting back to me I live near coventry, west midlands.

The codes said that the problem was an oxy sensor but having now had all 4 replaced it still comes up as the same code.

I have managed to eliminate the warning light through advice on the internet & as yet it has not come back on ( touch wood) fuel economy is good ( depending on driving of course) and performance is as you would expect from a 350z.

I have owned many nissan's over the years & found them to be reliable for some reason this one is not so good, it is a real head turner, White with full NISMO KIT on but it is no good having a good looking car if it is destroying my bank account not to mention my marriage.

I will keep you informed of my progress as to if this light comes back on if you do not hear from me within the next 4 weeks I have either hung myself or have been murdered by the good lady wife.

My engine management light came on in December 2011, I read the code and it was oxygen sensor. I was told it could have been the cold weather. I reset the light and it never came back on. Probably was just the really cold weather last year!

Hi, I have had the engine management light come on and a mobile diagnostic guy has come up with the same fault after hooking the car up to his laptop system.

The light went out but last night it has come on again :-( have you any idea how much this will cost to replace? Is it a big job?

Any help appreciated as I am just in the process of trying to sell it to a car buying website and typically this has to go and happen and they will no doubt pick up on it and change the price.

Cheers

Hi, price wise it would depend which o2 sensor needs to be replaced I have had all 4 replaced over the last 6 months by nissan main dealer in my area at a cost of over £1000 ( ouch) & the light has come back on again. I understand that there is a different code number for each o2 sensor, here's hoping you have better luck than me at the moment

Not very up on these things but did, for the first time, have this issue myself recently.

Could be a naive answer therefore but you do mention the missus?

Is she driving it alot, but just pootling? This is not a reflection of her driving ok

Mrs K had the z for 6 weeks recently whilst I used the shed for work.

Turned out the sensor came on cause she never gave it any beans so my local indie knocked the warning light off & just said go for a hoon, it's a sports exhaust that needs the rubbish blasting out or the o2 sensor comes on.

Problem has been solved & she has been told to drive it with gusto occasionally.

Hi, I have had the engine management light come on and a mobile diagnostic guy has come up with the same fault after hooking the car up to his laptop system.

The light went out but last night it has come on again :-( have you any idea how much this will cost to replace? Is it a big job?

Any help appreciated as I am just in the process of trying to sell it to a car buying website and typically this has to go and happen and they will no doubt pick up on it and change the price.

Cheers

I would send zmanalex a message and ask him. I don't think it's a big job, but you'll need to know what sensor to change.