Roadster window seal

Moo8774

My window seal is leaking on the drivers side an a little on passenger side but it runs up drivers side across the roof an down the pass side nissan yesterday quoted me £854.94 for the seal plus a days labour on top can you buy from any were else or isit just a nissan part any help on this my email is moo8774@yahoo.co.uk thanks matt

I had a similar problem with my 350 roadster, luckily i foundit leaked within weeks of buying it and the garage agreed to replace all the seals as a goodwill gesture. They had to be imported from japan and they were astronomically expensive at around that price.

Hopefully zmanalex will have them in stock for cheaper.

Good luck

Open the door, look half way up the A pillar you will see a small flap of rubber, all you need to do is tuck that flap under the slot behind it, jobs a goodun. That's what I did and solved the water ingress.

The seal is so expensive because its a complete seal for both doors and across the screen.iirc.

Edited by Zugara

Zugara thanks for the link it will save me a fortune just a quick one do you have to buy the retainer weather strips or will the ones on the car already be ok to reuse

You may find that shipping will be massive.....and I don't know about the weather strips....sorry.

• 5 weeks later...

There is a fairly simple trick you can use which will find out just whereabouts your seal is leaking. That is to run lard or butter all of the way around the seal and then shut the door and open it again, the seal that has a marking of lard around the door is where the seal is leaking and you can plump the seal by filling the inner seal with a smaller piece of rubber and thus sealing the leak..