Asymmetrical Winter Tyres - Direction of Rotation (with Pics)

Rubber

Hi all, I just bought a set of winter tyres on steel wheels online for my wife's Fiesta. The tyres are Bridgestone Blizzak LM-30.

I was just about to fit them but I am confused as to whether they have a direction of rotation?

Here are the tyres in question -

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/tyres/car-4x4-and-van/blizzak-lm-30

The tyres have all been installed with the correct side to the outside/inside of the wheel as per the label on the tyre.

IMG_7565_zpsa3b0cb56.jpg

IMG_7564_zpsa216022d.jpg

When I place the tyres side by side as they will stand on the front of the car (as per the picture) the yellow tread block is on the inside of the wheel in both cases so I suppose this satisfies the asymmetrical query (I think!)

However, what is confusing me is the direction of the tread on the tyres. Since these are side by side as they would be on the car you can see that the yellow tread block on one side will be facing forward and on the other side will be facing backwards. Is this correct?

IMG_7563_zps4ca4aebe.jpg

I may be in for a flaming here if I get this wrong!!!!! :blush:

if theres an 'inside' and an 'outside', and they're the right way round, i'd say thats fine! You cant have an inside and and outside AND a rotation direction, otherwise you'd need to sell tyres in pairs!

They dont look particularly asymetric to me anyways...

That's what I thought! Never gave too much notice to replacing my tyres on the Zed as I always got it done at the garage.

Yes - not very asymmetric!

Agree with the others - only thing you have to do is make sure that inside is on the inside and vice versa.

The element of "asymetricness" is that the tread pattern beneath the blue line is different to the pattern under the yellow line.

Had this exact question when we had tyres fitted to the wife's car. As said above so long as outside is to outside and inside to inside all is fine and that was straight from the tyre fitter as I was also somewhat puzzled coming from directional tyres on the Zed.

Does get confusing - look at the tread pattern on the Sesstanas - pics taken from the front of the car - but they work extremely well :drive1

Yes they are basically the same as my tyres but are more pronounced in the fact that the tread points in different on each side - strange!

Edited by Rubber