skid light and car shudders

Toad

when going round a few corners today in a higher gear than i probaly should of - the car started shuddering and the car symbol will skid tracks by rev meter came on - then it felt like it was almost stalling and restarting - was a bit hairy, is it a fault of the car or is it the car telling me to slow down .

Do you mean the slip light for the traction control??

if so have you changed wheel size or tire size as this can throw it out, i run twentys and profile was wrong when first put on and over 60mph normaly when going through a coner would come on over 70mph was quite scary sorted my profile on tires out and no more issuies

Not changed wheels - its a recently purchased car but its all normal spec as far as I can tell - I think its probally traction control kicking in, but it makes the car harder to handle when it kicks in and I didn't feel I was going that fast - maybe the roads are a little slippier today though - it's getting cold after all

no was only doing 40 round the corner so surprised it did this - but just gone out 2 hours later and noticed passenger rear tyre is flat - so must of had low air earlier when driving - taken up to tyre place and found nail in the middle which they fixed for £15 - phew, but probaly explains the traction control coming on earlier than expected

if the slip light comes on and stays on it means that there is an issue with some part of it meaning that as suggested wheel size isnt right.

if the slip light comes on then flicks off it means you have broken traction and the car is trying to bring it back into track, it is quite a restrictive system as standard but it shouldnt come on unless you are really starting to slide, the zed gives a little bit of slip before it collars you usually :)

no was only doing 40 round the corner so surprised it did this - but just gone out 2 hours later and noticed passenger rear tyre is flat - so must of had low air earlier when driving - taken up to tyre place and found nail in the middle which they fixed for £15 - phew, but probaly explains the traction control coming on earlier than expected

That will be why! I also found that in the cold weather my tyres used to take longer than normal to warm up so the traction light would come on a lot more.