Intermittent missfire

adamsclan

Send em both to Ekona - he can put them towards a new handbag :p

To the OP - Your not the only one to find "disturbing" standards of work from garages, just hope this is an end to your problem!!!

Keyser swaggers off (thinking what a great guess that was)

:lol:

Send em both to Ekona - he can put them towards a new handbag :p

To the OP - Your not the only one to find "disturbing" standards of work from garages, just hope this is an end to your problem!!!

Keyser swaggers off (thinking what a great guess that was)

:lol:

Cheers dear friend with the knowledge of all - and generosity of spirit ( referring to the £1 voucher!) :lol:

i think this has been mentioned before, but are you sure that there are n slight air leaks at all as this would prevent revs from picking up. I had a similar problem on my old 200sx and it took me ages to find and all it was was a slight leak on the hot side of the pipe linking the intercooler and wouldn't run above 3000rpm, after that it would hunt for rpm and had no power at all. All it took was going over all of the hose clamps and the problem was solved.

i think this has been mentioned before, but are you sure that there are n slight air leaks at all as this would prevent revs from picking up. I had a similar problem on my old 200sx and it took me ages to find and all it was was a slight leak on the hot side of the pipe linking the intercooler and wouldn't run above 3000rpm, after that it would hunt for rpm and had no power at all. All it took was going over all of the hose clamps and the problem was solved.

I'm pretty sure it is the rather sub-standard wiring as shown above. When not misfiring, the engine pulls to 6k rpm no problem and runs normally.

• 2 weeks later...

So, at last my trials and tribulations seem to be at an end. After a 450 miles night-time run back from Aylesbury to Dundee, fault-free, averaging 73 mph, 32 mpg, I am pleased to say my little car is fully functioning again. My thanks to all who have contributed to this topic, especially for the phone conversation with Keyser. My special thanks have to go to Dave and Jake of DS Automotives in Aylesbury who found and fixed the problem. Thoroughly reccommend this company for their knowledge, workmanship and last-but-not-least their charge rates - very reasonable!

To my fellow club member somewhere near Perth who deigned not to accept my apology for a perceived slight in past history, nor communicate, your loss!

Here's to hopefully a few weeks of winter motoring, on winter tyres needless to say, and some fun :)