Photo nomination button

350Chris

With all of the hard work that goes into the calendar I have found myself wondering how to make Jim's life easier...

What are the chances of getting a button or flag that would allow users to nominate a photo or highlight it for consideration of the calendar review board?

Monthly review of nominations or shortlist by vote without the need to pour through every thread to find candidates :thumbs:

• Like 1

On my motorbike forum we have a thread called TLOM (Suzuki TL of the month) but they do it so that you can't nominate yourself but others with a post count higher than a 100 can submit a picture. Cut off dates exits and then peeps vote.

With all of the hard work that goes into the calendar I have found myself wondering how to make Jim's life easier...

What are the chances of getting a button or flag that would allow users to nominate a photo or highlight it for consideration of the calendar review board?

Monthly review of nominations or shortlist by vote without the need to pour through every thread to find candidates :thumbs:

Surely its up to who ever took the photo and if they consent their permission they can send it in?

Thanks Chris :thumbs:

Its not a bad idea, i dont know how difficult it would be to implement :shrug:

Every year I see some great pics that do not get submitted, also I am sure that some folks have some pics which they dont post that would be very Calendar worthy B)

If any wants to send me pics during the course of the year I will be more than happy to store them up for next year. Just PM me and I will send you my email address :thumbs:

Most likely the easiest way to achieve this is to have a gallery set up so people can upload to it for consideration. We will need to stipulate that only high-res pics are allowed though, so if you find one you like from Photobucket, then you'll need to get the owner to send you the original or they will need to upload it themselves. Not sure how we can make this anonymous though.

By having a "like" button, it would be more difficult for Jim to get the original, he'd have to chase the owner for it himself which makes more work for him again.

Jim chases users for the HiRes versions as it stands today, but fair points - was just thinking that (with the exception of some posers) not everyone feels that their car is worthy of nomination and this would over come that.

Thats true, but at least the person that submits it has the hi-res version, if we just "liked" them, then he has to work out who the owner is to chase. The stipulation for the calendar entries as it stands is that you have to own the hi-res version.

If we can get it into the gallery then we can make it so users submit and Jim can approve them, assuming they are of good enough quality. Then he has access to the hi-res version from the start and can bounce any that are too lo-res. Need to get 5 mins to test it though and see if we can have an album that everyone can post in.

• Like 1