Quantum AVS review

akewt

Hello All

Recently Ian Mays at Quatum AVS was recommended to me via the forum to install a stereo Head Unit.

Over the last 2 months or so Ian had failed to install the unit correctly.

Whilst trying he has broken the;

Trip Computer

Hazard Lights (Twice)

Passenger Side Window control

and Air conditioning

The unit now works correctly but I am left with broken air conditioning and and broken passenger window. The trip computer is flashing some weird stuff too.

I will be taking it to a Nissan garage to get it all fixed and for them to check everything. I will be invoicing him for the money.

If he doesn't respond then its going to small claims and ultimately the Financial Ombudsmen.

To save others the grief I have been through and the time and money I am warning you about this company and Ian Mays.

Sorry Ian, but you should find another career.

Thanks for reading.

Couple of things:

You need to give him a chance to make good. Without that, your SCC case will fail.

Financial ombudsman has nothing to do with any of this.

Sounds like the big white box has been damaged, along with some possible wiring behind the console. Sorry to hear about this, hope you get your car back to how it should be soon. What was he trying to install, I assume something fairly complex?

Im going through the same situation with another company atm. You need to try to settle the situation as much as possible, i.e. find common agreement, keep all contact on email for proof. If he says he will give u a fiver and damage is worth 500, obviously thats not agreeable.

Have you spoke to him about it? Or just realised all is broken and not spoke to him about it?

If you take it to a Nissan Dealer or any other third party before you give him chance to put it right he has the right to refuse to pay any invoice you present to him, this could go against you in the SCC.

+1

Give him an email that hes broke bits, and your wanting it put correctly. Let him know you want to go to nissan dealer and get his response.

Best to go back and talk to Ian again about your issues as this is the only way that you may get it resolved to your satisfaction.

What is actually broken in relation to the air con and the window motor ?

I will have all the parts in stock to fix your issues so just ask Ian to give me a ring, he has my number as I sent some stuff to him last week for your car.

Regards,

Alex. :)

I've been going back and forth from his place so many times to fix something he hasn't done correctly or get something he has broken fixed.

It's costing me a fortune going back and forth. I'm not getting any compensation for that.

I'm so hacked off.

I'll talk to my solicitor about the grievance. I don't feel like i should have to go back again after 2 months of him not being competent enough NOT to break my f**king car!!!!!

He is absolutely useless.

I'll hold off on getting Nissan to fix. I may just fix it myself if i can. Wish I had never met the guy.

BIG SAD FACE"!

to be honest i have given him multiple chances to fix it. Surely now it's just got worse I will be able to go to SCC.

It's solicitor advice time i feel.

Ring the Office of Fair Trading or whatever they call it this week, they usually give correct advice about how to proceed, they may even issue a an OFT report number which usually works wonders if you quote it to the company you are complaining about.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/

:)

• Like 1

Best to go back and talk to Ian again about your issues as this is the only way that you may get it resolved to your satisfaction.

What is actually broken in relation to the air con and the window motor ?

I will have all the parts in stock to fix your issues so just ask Ian to give me a ring, he has my number as I sent some stuff to him last week for your car.

Regards,

Hey Alex

The aircon button is constantly lit but is not actually on. The button doesnt do anything. The temperature doesn't work either.

The window button doesn't work. The drivers side does.

I've been behind the console and fiddled the white flat cables which make the climate control flicker on and off. Def loose connection there or cable is breaking apart.

If its a cheap part I may think about just fixing it and forgetting the whole thing.

to be honest i have given him multiple chances to fix it. Surely now it's just got worse I will be able to go to SCC.

Ring the Office of Fair Trading or whatever they call it this week, they usually give correct advice about how to proceed, they may even issue a an OFT report number which usually works wonders if you quote it to the company you are complaining about.

Thanks glrnet

I will take your advice.

Thanks glrnet

I will take your advice.

You're welcome buddy, I hope you get it sorted :)

Certainly sounds like a ribbon issue for the air con problem, plenty of these in stock if required

Can't quite figure out how they could break the L/H window switch unless they had the L/H door card off, again plenty in stock if required, if it is not just a simple bad connection or a fuse.

If you think that you have reached the stage where you no longer can, or want to communicate with Quantum AVS, then I would be quite happy to speak to Ian as an intermediary and try and resolve this situation for you.

Feel your pain mate, It does sound to me like a ribbon issue which if sorted by replacing would hopefully sort the aircon & trip computer, the window might have been a dodgy motor anyway as its a common issue :shrug:

I can see why people are saying give them a chance but by the sounds of it you have, would be different if it was just one painful visit but seems you have to and fro a fair bit...

As suggested write them a letter saying you have lost faith in their expertise and would they be prepared to pay for a 3rd party to fix what they have broken and hopefully they will respond favourably if a decent outfit :thumbs:

Good luck

• Like 1

I appreciate that Alex but he's had plenty of chances to fix it.

I do not trust him with my car so don't see how this could help.

I think Alex mean as technical help etc a very very kind offer but I guess if you have no faith then fair enough.

Can you explain the issue a little more as to me it maybe sounds worse than it is possibly.... i.e. not a huge amount to fix hopefully :thumbs:

I appreciate that Alex but he's had plenty of chances to fix it.

I do not trust him with my car so don't see how this could help.

I think Alex mean as technical help etc a very very kind offer but I guess if you have no faith then fair enough.

Can you explain the issue a little more as to me it maybe sounds worse than it is possibly.... i.e. not a huge amount to fix hopefully :thumbs:

Yeah, i certainly think i would be able to fix myself. So reluctant though.

In fact I wish I had INSTALLED myself!!! ha

nevermind.

So i have had the gear stick cover and aircon control cover off to look at the ribbon. started to give it a push and a wiggle and the middle button started flicking from both states.

i think the temp and aircon switch is definitely the ribbon so will buy this and give it a go.

Whilst trying to fix the trip computer he tested all the fuses so that could be the issue with the window. the window seems like it could be a harder fix. I can't hear any electrical connection 'trying' to move the motor so i spose this would suggest a connection or fuse problem.

Will dig them out but its in the manual if you have one, from memory the window fuses are in the one in the passenger footwell which has a map on the back of the lid :thumbs: pop it off and swap drivers and passengers over see what happens....

nice, top idea

Its easy to do most stuff yourself, yeah u snap a clip or lose a bolt but id rather do everything myself. Especially since theres too many cowboys out there who wont admit when they cant do a job and would rather hide the bad work, atleast if i break something, i learn from it and know exactly whats been done

Its easy to do most stuff yourself, yeah u snap a clip or lose a bolt but id rather do everything myself. Especially since theres too many cowboys out there who wont admit when they cant do a job and would rather hide the bad work, atleast if i break something, i learn from it and know exactly whats been done

+1 I have broken lots of bits but then every single piece of trim in my Zed has been off at some point, a fact I am strangely proud of :lol: