Rear boot hatch

Turbo-G

Hi,

I have recently replaced the gas struts on the rear hatch, as they were not holding the weight of the hatch - especially on colder days.

Whilst fitting them, I accidentally broke one of the rubber spring lifts which I have subsequently replaced (most expensive bit of rubber with a spring in it known to man).

However, I was kind of hoping that the new spring lift would cure my problem with the boot release, e.g. I have to gently lift as I press the button... It would seem this is a fairly common issue.

What have people done to cure this issue? Or should I look at replacing the rubber spring lift on the other side too?

Cheers.

Here you go:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63753-boot-lid-release-assist-springs/

In stock and good to go same/next day

And here is the link to my sub forum where you will find lots of interesting parts:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/137-zmanalex/

Just drop me a PM if I can help you further.

Alex. :)

If it's the initial "pop" of the boot when you press the button that is the problem - as in you press the button the boot pops but you have to press and hold the button again while lifting the boot to open it?

You can try the penny trick - I'm sure there is a thread but basically you take the spring out of the little black holder (the expensive bit you refer to) put a penny (or is it a 2p? I can't remember) or a suitable washer in and put it back together - the spring is more compressed so pushes up harder - you can add more washers as required

BUT - do not go to mad with them I have seen bent boots from going mad and putting 4 coins or washers in !!!!!!!