Anyone got a sat nav with speed camera locations ??

lomoto

...right I'm lazy, the wife harps on at me to buy a Tom Tom, or what ever. What model is that Tim? £150 sounds about all I'm willing to pay considering I never get lost and it is solely for her benefit....why she want's one I'll never know. I can understand it if I travel a lot or live south of the border with a lot of large cities, but we've got Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen...that's it

Secondly, do you have to fork out more cash once you actually buy one of these for subscriptions to something or other....did I mention I was lazy.... :headhurt:

EDIT - PS looks good :thumbs:

Tomtom one

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...right I'm lazy, the wife harps on at me to buy a Tom Tom, or what ever. What model is that Tim? £150 sounds about all I'm willing to pay considering I never get lost and it is solely for her benefit....why she want's one I'll never know. I can understand it if I travel a lot or live south of the border with a lot of large cities, but we've got Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen...that's it

Secondly, do you have to fork out more cash once you actually buy one of these for subscriptions to something or other....did I mention I was lazy.... :headhurt:

EDIT - PS looks good :thumbs:

Tomtom one

Cheers, the way she's going on about it the Tom Tom is going to win :teeth:

2 x 12v sockets.

Once you ge the hang of the TomTom you will be fine tim.

Im going to sort out the camera database and a few other POI (points of interest) databases.

I have the speed camera data bases from pocketgps :thumbs:;) Using them on my TomTom 910 :thumbs:

the power sockets! :wacko:

got to have power Val, for the shaver , phone charger, electric fan , and sat nav, Oh and 3 bar heater in winter :teeth:

You shave in your car? :wacko::p

twas a joke chum :p

With all the stuff in your zed you could of been serious :scare:

the power sockets! :wacko:

got to have power Val, for the shaver , phone charger, electric fan , and sat nav, Oh and 3 bar heater in winter :teeth:

You shave in your car? :wacko::p

twas a joke chum :p

With all the stuff in your zed you could of been serious :scare:

:lol: good point

• 5 weeks later...

I wanted a phone+sat nav together - opted for an Xda O2 orbit with co-pilot mounted in a Brodit holder. Didn't fancy a screen mounting (attracts the light-fingered brigade) or using the cubby hole with lid propped open and changing to a retracting lid was bound to affect UK warranty hence my choice. Co-pilot includes speed cameras, but I prefer to use a Snooper S4 with its other warnings.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114 ... bitinZ.jpg

The dual package works fine in the car including the boothtooth connection. On the basis that most journeys are known and the sat nav is not turned on, the compromise of a smaller screen is compensated by reasonbly clear voice instructions and text displays. It got me round the recent NW run when my other navigator was leading me a merry :dance: ! (Only cos she tends to close her eyes over 4000rpm ;) !) The choice of phone+sat nav is to help me find addresses when on foot in London & suburbs, much easier than using an A to Z.

• 1 month later...

Finally bought a Tom Tom One :thumbs:

I found £25 vouchers I won at Christmas, so got it for £135 in PC World

The power lead is a pain, looks like you have more room in your cubby Tim, but I reckon I'll make holder out of MDF/plywood that fits in the cubby.

What did you do to keep yours in that position Tim?

What's the easiest way to thread the lead to the lighter socket internally ...full centre console out? Think it has to come out so I can drill a hole in the cubby to poke the wire through.

The power lead is a pain, looks like you have more room in your cubby Tim, but I reckon I'll make holder out of MDF/plywood that fits in the cubby.

What's the easiest way to thread the lead to the lighter socket internally ...full centre console out? Think it has to come out so I can drill a hole in the cubby to poke the wire through.

To keep the sat nav screen I used the mounting bracket supplid and just stuck it to the back of the cubby hole with double sided tape (not shifted yet depite some spirited driving at Silverstone the other week )

You'll need to remove centre console to thread a wire to lighter socket and drill hole for wire , on early JDM's like mine there is no power socket to the front of the car (only the one between the seats ) so I had to put a power socket in cubby as picture shows previously :)

I modified a power cable I bought on ebay and connected it to my headunit, so I've just got the power cable in the cubby and the TomTom sits perfectly in the cubby :thumbs:

Excellent. I used the std window mount but the cubby isn't deep enough, so guess yours is slightly deeper too. Console out it is then... oh sh1t

Is there any issue leaving it switched on and letting the batteries drain, save me having to switch it on and off

Excellent. I used the std window mount but the cubby isn't deep enough, so guess yours is slightly deeper too. Console out it is then... oh sh1t

Is there any issue leaving it switched on and letting the batteries drain, save me having to switch it on and off

I took the power for my Sat Nav from igntion circuit so it is not a constant +ve feed :thumbs:

Ive got the 710 so mines a bit bigger. Mine takes its power from the headunit so its only got power if the headunit is on