Wheel Spacer Advice

Zed devil

If you mean hub diameter of 71mm and 67.1mm then you need a spigot ring which will go from the aftermarket alloy wheels size (Usually 73.1) to the hub diameter size.

With 15mm you will need longer nuts on though! 20mm is the minimum hubcentric spacer you can run.

O right, so spigot rings can go in the spacers aswell?

Yep spigot rings can go on a hubcentric spacer but not a normal 5/10mm one.

With 15mm you will need longer nuts on though! 20mm is the minimum hubcentric spacer you can run.

Really?

Pete

Yep, you may be able to run an 18mm one for example but as far as normal sizing goes i believe 20mm is the smallest you can get away with to cover the hub bolts. Any smaller and the hub bolts could hit the alloy,

You can get 10mm & 15mm hubcentrics from Project Kics. I was quoted £100 per spacer for them though :scare:

I can imagine you can get the spacers but wouldn't the thread on the hubs push through past the spacer and hit the wheel. Meaning you can't get the wheel onto the spacer correctly?!? Easy to picture but hard to type :lol:

I know some wheels have holes in on the rear but not sure if all do.

Edited by 350Ad

Sorry to hijack but how come my spacers came with longer hub bolts and i see other people have spacers that you bolt on the the existing bolts?

You can't fit 10mm non hubcentric spacers without longer bolts as there you can't get the minimum number of turns to tighten your wheels up properly. 5mms are the biggest you can fit..

Pete

You can get 10mm & 15mm hubcentrics from Project Kics. I was quoted £100 per spacer for them though :scare:

I can imagine you can get the spacers but wouldn't the thread on the hubs push through past the spacer and hit the wheel. Meaning you can't get the wheel onto the spacer correctly?!? Easy to picture but hard to type :lol:

I'm really struggling to understand this. I can't really see why you should need to fit longer bolts, if anything I'd have thought shorter bolts, :shrug: , surely 10mm or 15mm hubcentric spacers would come with nuts that would fit flush to the spacers anyway? The wheel itself is bolted to the nuts on the spacers, if the back of the wheel doesn't have the holes for the nuts to fit in then it doesn't really matter what size the spacers are. In this case you'd have to fit another standard spacer on top of the hubcentric one, as I did with my wheels which don't have the holes on the back of the wheels.

Pete

I'm really struggling to understand this. I can't really see why you should need to fit longer bolts, if anything I'd have thought shorter bolts, :shrug: , surely 10mm or 15mm hubcentric spacers would come with nuts that would fit flush to the spacers anyway? The wheel itself is bolted to the nuts on the spacers, if the back of the wheel doesn't have the holes for the nuts to fit in then it doesn't really matter what size the spacers are. In this case you'd have to fit another standard spacer on top of the hubcentric one, as I did with my wheels which don't have the holes on the back of the wheels.

Pete

The spacer below is bolt on (Hubcentric) so uses the hub studs to secure the spacer then has its own built in studs to secure the wheel. If this design spacer was infact 10mm thick instead of 20mm then the hub bolts would protrude too far out and obstruct the wheel from securing on the spacer.

spacer1.jpg

This 10mm spacer uses the existing studs from the hub (in this case i believe longer studs have been added)

DSC_2624.jpg