Which tyres and from where?

Danny350z

Someone decided my rear tyres were lacking screws, so helpfully added some on my behalf. It's a shame this anonymous modder didn't leave his contact details so I could personally thank him for upgrading my car in this way. He also tried to give me some go faster stripes down one side of the car but didn't really do a very good job of that. I'm lucky I guess. I don't like go faster stripes.

So, I need two new rears (the tread was getting low anyway), Toyos and Falkens seem to get the best vote from what I see here but where's the best place to get them at a good price?

Mytyres don't seem to show them (they have Eagle F1's though).

I have 18" Rays btw.

The fronts are fine so I guess for now I should get Bridgestones again if I'm not to mix. Don't really want to fork out for all new tyres.

Its not ideal, but you are ok mixing a pair of fronts with a pair of rears (same wear etc). I've not had any issues as I've changed to Falkens on read but front still had loads on.

Its only when you mix tyres across an axles thats dodgy!

I'd just change the rears. I did what you want to do and had no issues..... sure tyre manufacturers will tell you otherwise but then again its in their interest to tie you in, especially for a car with un even wear, rear vs front!

:)

PS> Sure someone is going to post in a min saying that shouldn't do it but I've had no issues and sure I'm not the only one. I certainly wouldn't put the same stones back on just for this reason!

So, I need two new rears (the tread was getting low anyway), Toyos and Falkens seem to get the best vote from what I see here but where's the best place to get them at a good price?

Mytyres don't seem to show them (they have Eagle F1's though).

Try Tyretraders.com or BlackCircles.com

Sorry to hear that Danny mate. People who wreck another mans wheels need a good pummeling.

I had a 200sx a few years ago and came out one morning to foot prints all over it from some jealous git. Dints on the roof, bonnet and boot.

:rant:

It's one thing keyin it but another puttin nails in....... Does someone want you dead???

Takes the **** doesn't it? The keying I could live with, it's the screws in the tyres that **** me off. Seriously, you can guarantee if they'd been caught the police would do sod all about it whereas it should be treated as attempted murder. Could you imagine if I'd had to go on the motorway? It could have been a disaster, not only for myself but for anyone else in the surrounding vicinity. Personally I see it no different to 'vandalising' someones house by pouring petrol through their sodding letterbox and lighting a match.

I have a suspicion who it could be but I'm not too sure, I honestly don't think they'd be that stupid to try anything as they'd be suspect number one and they were worried enough the last time they crossed my path. I'm thinking it's just possibly a random attack, at least I hope so, if I catch the **** that's done it I'll probably end up murdering them which I could do without, already up on one assault charge.

Okay guys, so these: 245/45/18 100Y Falken FK452 are highly recommended and I won't have any issues with them?

Yeah they'll be fine mate. Loads of us have them and they are fine. I've got them on and they've been cool. Come with about 9mm of treads on them! :thumbs:

Danny... I have a "Sheffield Branch" that can most definitely help you 'encourage' the culprits to not doing anything like that again. :boxing: If you're around the South Yorkshire area and would like to employ them let me know. Minimal info needed, they are good at using their initiative - been helpful for me in the past.

Danny thats an absolute nightmare mate, gutted for you :thumbdown: little chav scum, etc etc etc :rant::rant:

On the tyres, I've just about got through a set of Falk 452s, had em on about a year now. They've worn pretty well and have given decent grip levels on everything from day 1.

Jacko's suggestion of falkentyres was were I got them from. I'd also suggest PM to Andy on this site as he can supply these as well as Toyos iirc.

Danny... I have a "Sheffield Branch" that can most definitely help you 'encourage' the culprits to not doing anything like that again. :boxing: If you're around the South Yorkshire area and would like to employ them let me know. Minimal info needed, they are good at using their initiative - been helpful for me in the past.

I'm in Blackpool unfortunately, thanks for the offer though. I have my own contacts though which is why I don't think it's the guy who I originally suspected. To cut a long story short he kicked my brother out of the house and sacked him and then kept his Xbox360, I tried speaking with him and he gave it all the big 'I AM' and the old "Do you know who I am?" routine, etc. Then he got a phone call from someone and promptly rushed out to buy my brother a new 360 (seriously, within 20minutes of the call he went and bought one. My brother still had access to the company internet logs and saw searches for 360's on argos, etc).

So whilst he was number one suspect I can't believe he'd have the balls to do it, not if he was scared enough to go and buy a new 360.

I'm thinking it's just jealous little tossers with nothing better to do.

Oddly enough the tyres are holding out well, checked them last night and they'd barely lost any air.

And just to clarify, it's the rears that need replacing so it's 245/45/18?

Hi Guys!

I, or the previous owner, seem to have also victim of having screws stuck into the tread pattern of my fron tyres :rant::rant::rant:

I mean -what sort of kokk-sukking game is that??????

My brother noticed the first screw-head on the tread pattern on the drivers side front, followed by finding another on ther left-hand side leading me to suspect that it wasn't 'an accident'.

Took the Zed to a reputable tyre place in Fleet, Hants where following the removal of the offending articles the chap reassured me that they hadn't gone through to the inner core and that all should be OK.

Whilst on the subject of jealous little achieve-nothing vandalising turds- one of my best friends had the 'good fortune' of having his pride-and-joy Caymen keyed within one week of ownership :not_me: What is wrong with some people????????

rfrancsics: jealousy, pure and simple. It gives them some sort of self meaning to their pathetic, sad little lives.

In a twist of events I can no longer find anything in the tyre on the rear right although there was definitely something there. It was in at an angle though so I'm thinking it mustn't have gone in properly and since came out. Checked air again and it's still at 31psi so I might have been lucky with that one.

The left rear has the screw right in and is slowly going down, was down to about 27psi from last night.

Can this be repaired or not? My dealer said it couldn't due to whatever reason (speed rating I think his reason was).

Correct - many places will refuse to plug or repair a tyre with such a speed rating due to safety issues.

I can see their point though.

You may be able to find some garage that will do it, but it will most certainly be a cash job, if you get my drift.

Correct - many places will refuse to plug or repair a tyre with such a speed rating due to safety issues.

I can see their point though.

You may be able to find some garage that will do it, but it will most certainly be a cash job, if you get my drift.

I can understand the reasoning, however, it's incredibly unlikely I'm going to be doing 150mph+ anytime soon.

So assuming I was going to stick within limits (and stay around 70-80mph if on the Motorway) would there be any issues? Basically is there any reason the tyres are more likely to fail than on a 'normal' car with 'normal' tyres?

if the nail/screw hasn't gone through the sidewall you'll be able to get it repaired with no issues

It's right in the centre of the tyre. I don't want to spend £200 on new tyres and have the same tosser come along and do it again (although I'm checking tyres daily). I'd rather hold out on replacing them for a while and invest in some CCTV in the meantime. That way if it happens again I can see who did it and deliver some swift justice.