opinions/advice please

kbeast35

ok, so a couple of mates of mine are looking at doing a track day at mallory park between xmas and new year and are on at me to join them, the thing is i have never done a track day before and the last thing i want to do is stack the z because i didn't wait untilt the spring to give it a go when the conditions are most likely more favorable

i am used to driving rear wheel drive cars and in adverse weather conditions but i'm not used to driving on track although i would also be buying some tuition if i decide to go, so i'm asking you the trackday experts am i just being a big girl or should i man up and get on the track in winter, car is standard apart from k1 which comes in at 1db under the limit

:thumbs:thanks in advance for any advice given

If your not confident or feel uncomfortable with it I wouldn't go - I hate rain on track days always spoils it a bit :(

Having said that as long as you take it easy and don't push it to far it's a good way to have fun - not done Mallory so I don't know what the run off areas are like? If they are big and flat then it's not as bad - Castle Combe has some bends with no run off area - not a place to get it wrong!

If you go just have fun :thumbs:

Just a point to note my Zorst makes 10db more on a wet day than dry day - I'm told it's to do with damp air density - all I know is the wetter it has been the higher they told me my zorst was.

Edited by Keyser

i think you might struggle with a k1 at Mallory, the run off area's arnt that large but the track isn't that technical either, the most technical bit imo and the most fun is the devils elbow, blind slightly off to on camber left hander :) Watch some youtube videos and see what you think, there are newbie track days so you can go on a day with people of similar experience on track.