Is it too cold?

Buckley

Z needs a major clean, dry, polish, shine, and good layer of wax ready for the winter

been meaning to do it for a few weeks but things have just cropped up

at work today ive felt how bitterly cold it has been - is it too cold to be applying the polish/wax etc?

ill be starting around 8:30am tomorrow morning and hopefully finishing around lunchtime, will be using the following: -

- wash using AutomGlym shampoo

- dry with my new microfibre towel

- apply the polish, AutoGlym super resin polish

- buff off with a microfibre

- apply the Autoglym extra shine and buff off again

- put the Dodo Juice blue velvet wax on

- leave to dry and buff off

- clean the hood with AutoGlym fabric protector

- finish with the windows and hoover

if the cold weather wont effect anything im quite looking forward to cleaning her up nicely again :) but if its going to ruin it then i might wait and hope for a warmer day over the next few weeks

also - am i right in applying the polish / wax in a circular motion and buffing off in straight lines?

and - would you put two layers of wax on or just loads of it when i go round the first time?

thanks for any advice :)

Should be okay, the SRP might need a bit more elbow grease than usual to break it down but it shouldn't be too bad. Shouldn't affect anything else too much either.

Apply in small, overlapping circles, buff off in straight lines.

With the wax, you can do two coats (I usually do) or just the one, it's up to you. Regardless of if you're doing one or two coats, you always want to aim for thin, even layers so if you're just doing the one coat don't just slap on "loads" - the second coat is usually (there's a bit of contention about this) to ensure that you get any bits that you missed with the first coat (some think you can layer waxes, others disagree).

I actully use Turtle Wax nano spary. Quicker to use with no breaking down of a wax. Give a showroom shine and can be applied in most weather. Also a cheaper option will still giving the car protection for the winter.

Edited by jhutch