Nothing handles better than a rental

Darren-B

I was delivered a Hire van yesterday after some prat drove into the side of my van on Friday whilst it was parked. A high top, long wheelbase merc sprinter, with all the toys. It`s practically brand new, on a 62plate, with only 380 miles on the clock. After a quick inspection with the delivery driver, all seemed to be ok until I took a look down the side for door dings etc. I then realised that the entire drivers side of this panel van had been replaced :scare: So I insisted that this was noted.

Well it handles like a rental, takes corners well, warms up quick in the morning & the suspension takes speed bumps like a Boss. TC can be switched off & it`s RWD. White van man, king of the road.

But it does make you wonder the hidden history of some vehicles, even new ones.

Had a rental transit for sofa moving duties last week. I don't think either the gearbox or engine really liked my "white van man" driving style.

Had a lot of fun taking it an early morning blast round the twisties - I imagine it was the first time this particular transit had been treated to the joys of heel-toeing :)