Tyre socks and tyre chains :o

ddcboyle

Dblock- used them last year and felt a big improvement in handling even tho it was a milder winter

DDC- bought my skyline with 17s with naff tyres so wrapped them with winter tyres. They're in the garage just now

If I was you I would invest in winter tyres for your 18s and get some nice shiny 19s for next year

Dblock- used them last year and felt a big improvement in handling even tho it was a milder winter

DDC- bought my skyline with 17s with naff tyres so wrapped them with winter tyres. They're in the garage just now

If I was you I would invest in winter tyres for your 18s and get some nice shiny 19s for next year

Omly problem is, my 18's have fresh vreds on them :( bit of a predicament now lol. Might be aswell just losing out this winter, burn the vreds down, get 19's and snow tyres for 18's next year.

Omly problem is, my 18's have fresh vreds on them :( bit of a predicament now lol. Might be aswell just losing out this winter, burn the vreds down, get 19's and snow tyres for 18's next year.

You could get 17" JDM wheels as the snow tyres will be slightly cheaper and they can be had for £100. A guy on here is selling snow socks.

As you said Irfan you can feel the difference just when cold. I know you guys get alot of rain on the west coast but I found winter tyres very rarely aquaplane which is handy. 2 years ago I used the snow tyres ( that was the bad winter ) and it makes a massive amount of difference to driveability and safety.

On my 172 I just used to change the tyres on the standard wheels as they are 16"s so cheap enough plus they where not in perfect nick. For my dads and brothers car they use their standard wheels aswell. For brother wifes car we change from 18" to 17" to protect the 18's and the 17" have winter tyres on them so when it snows I can just throw them on.

i spend a lot of time in norway where the winters are a little bit harsher than the uk as of the 1st of november all cars have to have winter tyres fitted until the end of march by law, rarely see accidents and the country doesn't come to a stand still at the first sight of snow :drive1

Do winter tyres work better in the rain than normal tyres like vreds?

Yes. I personally though the vreds werent great through puddles of water. The winter tyres really pump water out and you can drive through the puddles with no clenching. Normally your going along at say 70 and see a puddle normally you scream and go through it whilst hoping and praying. In winter tyres you can go through it. No tugging of the wheel and the car always feels in your control. Even in heavy rain bar soft sidewalls it grips and grips