Trickle charger or similar

Flex

Dudes,

I'm gonna purchase a charger of some description, ideally one that will dual up for my motor bike too (if poss).

Obviously I could trawl web but it's nice to stay in touch with y'all.

Cheers,

Craig

I use the Accumate. Proper float charge rather than a constant trickle charge which can do more harm eventually. Comes with waterproof connections which are ideal for bikes and useful to locate in the scuttle of the car so you don't have to open the bonnet to connect up every time. Think it was around £40 or so and highly recommended. I've used it for years with no problems whatsoever.

Thankyou ^

Does anyone know if they'll be suitable for my motorbike?

Apols for beiong lazy!

Yep, i use an aldi one on my R1 all the time, I leave it perminantly connected. I wired it to the battery and you get a connector which ive put under the pillion seat, so when i want to plug it in I dont have to mess about clipping it onto the battery.

As far as I know it monitors the battery and if its getting low tops it up. Not had any problems yet and its been connected for about 18 months!

What these type of trickle chargers do is they cycle the battery, they charge them slowly and when they reach a certain voltage they then start to drain the battery very slowly to approx 11.5volts then start recharging the battery again. This cycling of the battery makes for a more healthier unit instead of just constantly charging it.