SRS light

dErZ

So I know I have an issue with the side passenger seat airbag. Car went into Nissan and they diagnosed this, in the process they cut the yellow connectors out from under the seat and soldered the 2 wires together. So there's an issue with the bag which is why the SARS light blinks. So I spoke to zmanalex and he has a spare side bag but I'm a bit broke ATM so I ordered a 2.2 ohm 1/2 watt resistor off of an eBay seller. I cut the 2 soldered wires ( after disconnecting the battery) and installed the resistor on the 2 wires that go into the car. I then did the car on car off key thingy to reset and it worked for 10 mins and the the srs light came back..... Went to a garage and got the error removed again ( still remembered side airbag issue) but the light has come back again.

What else can I check/test? Do I only need 1 resistor per seat or does it need multiple resistors?

At help greatly appreciated.

Sounds complicated and I have not got a clue but in order to attract attention I've replied.

I know search is not working but you can do a google search for your topic including 350z-uk and that will be as effective as searching the site (I'm pretty sure).

Good luck dude!

I tested the resistors before installing 2.2 on the nose. (All 3 of them) with regards a break in the wire there's only a small length before it goes under the carpet. How am I going to test that?

I'm not sure tbh. But I'm sure someone clever can suggest some multimeter tests to check the basics?

So srs light flashing again so do the

ac on light flashes turn off (within 1 sec)

leave for 3 secs

turn on light flashes turn off (within 1 sec) * 2

then turn on just the usual 2 secs off then 3 secs on

so car off and back on in 1 sec light reset...

come back to car later light flashing so put it back into diag mode and this time I get 2 quick lights but it doesnt repeat ffs!!!

So seat out, rear of seat opened up to see if any breaks in the cable, all looks good. Just left the resistor connected to the seat loom and tried the code. Car still shows passenger side airbag faulty. So seat back in all connected up still the same. Mebe my resistors are all dodgy......