Insurance - Sorted

BigSlick

Hi,

I called up the dealer insurance (Swinton) last night to organise my free 7 day cover for tomorrow.

After a lenghty chat they declined me... And quoted me £2900 for the year!!!

:scare:

I laughed and actually said on the phone... "Are you having a ****!ng laugh?" I was shocked is an understatement. I said im 30, not 21 and I have 8 years NCB. Anyway hung up and called Sky who insure my Civic.

Paid £665 with the Civic for this year. After they went through my details my increase in premium was given....

£32 and an admin fee of £25 ha ha ha ha...

Well impressed and they even emailed me a copy of the insurance as proof until I receive it in mail.

Gotta love Sky Insurance tbh! :bounce:

B)

haha good work, i do wonder why insurers give you such ridiculous quotes sometimes. when admiral sent through my renewal they wanted over £2000 for the year, but after two phonecalls that had dropped to £950, which considering im 25 with 1year ncb is fine.

but still a mere £697 for a zed is a billy bargain! :thumbs:

I had exactly the same experience when I bought my 370..and I am 53 with a clean licience, took about 30 minutes on the phone at the dealer (bearing in mind all I wanted to do was drive the new car...) then to be told they wont cover me...that was after I had sorted out money and paperwork. 7 day free insurance .......for a fiesta maybe but they dont say that!!!!! :doh:

I work on the policy that if it’s all singing all dancing glitter at a low price, where are they making their savings?

B)

Yeah thats true...

Sky Insurance seem to be really good though and not just in price.

The only thing for me is that arent open on a Sat and the close at 6pm so depending on my shift it may make it a little difficult to call them.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Fingers crossed for my renewal in December then. I guess all this harmonisation/non discrimination of gender in insurances is working in our favour.

Before I bought my zed I was getting quotes of £350-£450 on compare the market not any fancy sites. When I changed my current policy from my old E90 BMW 320d it only cost £55 extra but they've whacked a £500 "sports car" excess on top of my normal £150 excess, I don't fancy that if the worst does happen.

Either way at 29 these aren't bad quotes by any stretch of the imagination, before the zed I was considering a '54 plate Audi S4 but my insurance quotes were around £1k, I'm a tight arse so didnt fancy that much.

Jon