For Sale - Rear Diffuser

marzman

Hi,

I bought this rear diffuser on here around a month ago, but i've decided i dont want to fit it. I like the style of it, but it's not a perfect fit - you need to press quite firmly on the sides to get it to sit flush with the rear bumper - meaning that it will need bonding on using Silcaflex or Tigerseal etc etc. Not a problem for most people - but i didnt want to do this on my car.

I had my brother over to help me fit it, and with his advise we built a layer of body filler on the inside of it and we were then going to 3M tape it onto the car - but with the filler it became quite heavy so the 3M tape wouldnt have held it.

I had painted this myself, but then my brother added the filler and it needed a repaint, so i got halfway though re-coating it and gave up! Total waste of time and money, but you live and learn!

I would say it could also do with a very light skim of body filler in places, ass there are some very minor imperfections in it. It doesnt need this though.

The pictures of it on the car are just resting on my exhaust. It will actually sit higher than this, and will be flush when bonded on (not sloped down at the edges as per my pics).

Anyway, i'd like back what i paid for it which was £80. I've already wasted about £40 trying to fit it so either way im out of pocket!

Collection only please. Located in Macclesfield.

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

I did a post on the fitment of the carbon version of this a few months ago.

After measuring it up and marking it out I then put Tiger seal on the back and held it in place with masking tape for a couple of hrs until it dried.

Then you can see the gaps and I think you will find it is more to do with the flexing of the rear bumper which is very thin.

You then apply tiget seal into the gaps. Again let this dry and take off the masking tape.

Then its just a matter of tidying it up. Lay a bead of tiger seal round the entire edge and use your finger to get it straight and smooth.

Leave it over night and you will be good to drive the next day.

You would not have a chance in heck using double sided tale for an item that large in the bottom of the bumper especially when there is no support behing it:)

I did a post on the fitment of the carbon version of this a few months ago.

After measuring it up and marking it out I then put Tiger seal on the back and held it in place with masking tape for a couple of hrs until it dried.

Then you can see the gaps and I think you will find it is more to do with the flexing of the rear bumper which is very thin.

You then apply tiget seal into the gaps. Again let this dry and take off the masking tape.

Then its just a matter of tidying it up. Lay a bead of tiger seal round the entire edge and use your finger to get it straight and smooth.

Leave it over night and you will be good to drive the next day.

You would not have a chance in heck using double sided tale for an item that large in the bottom of the bumper especially when there is no support behing it:)

Yep i read your write up and saw that tigerseal was the way forward, i just didnt want it 'permanently' on my car as it's got a genuine nismo kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd be open to making an offer but it wouldn't be for the price you paid for it due to it no longer being new and the amount of remedial work needed to remove the filler/seal added to it. Do you have the name of the manufacturer.

Sorry mate, no idea. Its just an unbranded rear diffuser.

• 2 weeks later...

my offer still stands m8

Cheers Bob. I'm happy to hold onto it for now. Might re-visit the idea of fitting it next summer if it doesnt sell.

Anyway, you've already had one of these why are you going down this route again ? :1:

• 4 weeks later...