Please considering visiting our Merchandise area and purchasing branded items as it helps to support this community and keep it free to use

Welcome to 350Z & 370Z UK

Welcome to the largest 350z & 370z community in the UK.
You are welcome to browse the forums as a Guest, however to get the full benefit we advice you register and create an account. It's quick and it's FREE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch

Bose Ipod Hack

15 posts in this topic

When i bought my car,it came with a headphone plug in the cubby hole,is the the ipod hack?

Tried connecting an android phone via this plug and playing some music,but nothing came out of the speakers.

Am i doing something wrong,or does it only work for ipods?

If its hacked the you need to set the head unit to cassette mode as the iPod hack uses the tape player audio connections in the head unit. You might need to put a cassette in to force it into tape mode if the internals haven't been modded to trick the head unit into thinking there is a tape inserted.

If its hacked the you need to set the head unit to cassette mode as the iPod hack uses the tape player audio connections in the head unit. You might need to put a cassette in to force it into tape mode if the internals haven't been modded to trick the head unit into thinking there is a tape inserted.

Sweet,that will explain the head cleaning tape that was in the car then :thumbs:

Hi can someone point me in the direction of someone that can do this for me or a how to guide.

Cheers

There is an excellent guide on this forum with pictures and step by step guide. Haven't got time to search for it right at this moment, but it's there!

There is an excellent guide on this forum with pictures and step by step guide. Haven't got time to search for it right at this moment, but it's there!

Cheers i'll have another search, see if i can find it. I hate electrics, does anyone know anyone/anywhere that can do it.?

Where are you located? if your local to me Ill help you do it. (Junction 9 M25)

That's good of you mate, thanks for the offer. I'm in the midlands though :( . but thanks anyway.

Where are you located? if your local to me Ill help you do it. (Junction 9 M25)

oooo - I might jump in and ask for your help on that sometime in Jan - I am in Reigate so you can't be far away.

Having said that I might jump straight for a "proper" modern big screen HU but wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to go about fitting one to maintain OEM SW controls etc...

David

I did this mod last year and it was really easy to do. Just need abit of patience. The worse bit is cutting the tracks on the board inside the radio. On mine i didnt have to have the volume up loud or insert a cleaning tape!