Oil change between sevices.

Beavis

Is there an idiots guide on here to change the oil?

if you dont have access to ramps or a lift ..take off front offside wheel and it makes it easier to access oil filter from the side, always work with axle stands plus jack for safety :thumbs:

if you dont have access to ramps or a lift ..take off front offside wheel and it makes it easier to access oil filter from the side, always work with axle stands plus jack for safety :thumbs:

Cheaper an easier gettin someone else doin it,,, how you gonna get rid of the oil???

Do you need to take of the under tray or sump guard off? :)

No . it will be OK without removing sump gaurd if you take wheel off :thumbs: only a 10 min job

No . it will be OK without removing sump gaurd if you take wheel off :thumbs: only a 10 min job

Thanks Lomoto, sump plug easy to get to too? :thumbs:

Thanks Lomoto, sump plug easy to get to too? :thumbs:

yes dead easy ,I think I used a ratchet and socket , and to get to filter it is best to use extension bar and one of those filter socket tools

• 1 month later...
hmm wanting to change oil tomorrow - anyone have piccies of how to get it done using this wheel off method?

You dont need piccies , just take off the wheel have a peer in and you will see filter and drain plug.. remember to use a couple of axle stands for safety as well as a jack

engine oil replacement between services is unnecessary...the purpose of oil is to lubricate and reduce friction damage.

These engines get tested and run in conditions neither of us will ever use the engine and for unbelievable amounts of time... on the specified oils and filters...

If you have the correct levels, oils and filters , there should not be a need to replace in between services...

Overkill, and a waste of money because I am sure you will not buy cheapo stuff...and increasing the damage to the environment...

:thumbdown:

engine oil replacement between services is unnecessary...the purpose of oil is to lubricate and reduce friction damage.

These engines get tested and run in conditions neither of us will ever use the engine and for unbelievable amounts of time... on the specified oils and filters...

If you have the correct levels, oils and filters , there should not be a need to replace in between services...

Overkill, and a waste of money because I am sure you will not buy cheapo stuff...and increasing the damage to the environment...

:thumbdown:

I'll keep changing mine ever 3-4000 miles ;)

I'll keep changing mine ever 3-4000 miles ;)

so it means you'll have changed the oil in your Z once just before you sell it then :lol:

Changed it when I first bought it , despite service history saying it had been changed 500 miles previous , did a couple of thousand miles then changed it again just before the last Wales run... I look after my cars ;)

I always do an oil change on any car I buy no matter what the service record says!!

Then i know what oil is in it and what condition it is in!!

I also change it a couple of times a year irrespective of useage - usually autumn and spring, and do the filter once a year - more often is actually detrimental to the engine.

Its an easy job and the local dumpit site will take used oil!

People spend literally thousands on mods and bling and then cut corners on oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

From memory the sump bolt is in plain view under the car and there is a little plastic cover to remove for the oil filter.

Bare in mind that the filter on a Zed is the same as on a nissan micra so don't EVER forget to change it when its due!!

Ming the cautious