Paint colour for 19inch rays?

robin c

• 2 weeks later...

Same applies to the Black Edition. After problematic refurbs I had all mine redone a while ago in a colour that would be easier to match if I curb em and still very happy with the result.

did you have a paint job or powder coat ? - I'm still trying to decide :bangin:

Same applies to the Black Edition. After problematic refurbs I had all mine redone a while ago in a colour that would be easier to match if I curb em and still very happy with the result.

did you have a paint job or powder coat ? - I'm still trying to decide :bangin:

Paint (The guys who did mine didn't offer powder coat). :wave:

I believe powder coat is supposed to be more durable, but I think a decent paint job should also be durable. Mine were done fairly recently, so it's a bit early to make a judgement, but they look as good as new so far! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so BJV engineering, 10 out of 10 for service, friendliness and paint match! Good value too, £140 for two wheels.

Finally a company which can paint wheels properly!

They have done a few 370z's now. A bit of a drive for me, 40mins each way, but left car for a few days securely locked.

Great price, I'm considering getting my wheels refurbed in the same colour and BJV Engineering are really close to me. Did you decide to get them painted or powder coated? Was it done with a different colour base coat like with hyper silver?

They painted a base coat of black then built up layers of silver to get the shadow type silver effect. Not sure if wet painted or powder coated. I imagine painted. Top tip don't follow the sat nav from m25 go a different way! The road in on sat nav was like something from Cornwall lanes.