Pranged it!!!

timsulley

Gutted! In a rush to get the beloved zed out of the garage, I have scrapped the front off side wing against the sharp metal strip on the garage wall. Couldn't believe it.

I was going to get a quote for repair from the main dealer in Basingstoke, but should I use the Nissan garage or go for an independent body shop?

I'll post a pic of the damage later, but the metal has deformed slightly and the lower side of the bumber is scrapped too...

:doh:

:scare: Any pics? how bad, cut through the metal?... believe there are two wings for sale on ebay in GM.

Yeah, it's gone through the metal in a couple of places. Makes you realise how thin the paint is too! There's a bit where its just flaking off completely now...

Will have to wait until I've got a quote before deciding whether or not to claim on my insurance. Got a £300 excess which is a bit of a bummer.

Here's a few pics of the damage. I've just realised that I've really knackered the wheel too! It's scuffed the wooden garage post somehow. I really must have been half asleep this morning!

Do people think its a new wing job or would this kind of damage be repairable?

I was thinking of trying to get the wheels sorted under warranty a few weeks back as all 4 have very small amounts of corrosion on them. suppose that's out the window now!!

Unbelievable. Did 487 miles in it over the weekend, not a scratch. Try to get it out of the "safely tucked away garage" and this is what happens...

:angry:

depends how much a new wing would set you up mate. if you manage to get a cheap one from ebay, tbh it might end up being cheaper as you'd just pay the spraying and could fit it yourself.

Otherwise any good bodyshop will be able to sort that, nothing major, imo