Electrics helps please! Mong alert

Ricey

Trying to wire up some ghey puddle light things in the existing puddle lights but Im clearly cocking it up and I don't want to fry anything!

Basically the wires don't match and tinterweb is crap.......I've wired the red to the red and black and brown to black but all I'm getting is a second of light every 5 seconds exactly

What am I doing wrong!?

Red and black striped and brown

53a0da2bf9de100752772e6c26fba8b7.jpg

Red and black to the new puddle light

70f962a2e704940e1dc315077969fa63.jpg

What sort of light is it filament bulb or L.E.D? :)

Led mate.

Like this and it's going into an existing led puddle light

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-LED-SHAD ... 3567wt_826

Does not matter about polarity on a filament bulb but it certainly does on a led. Sounds like you need to reverse the connections. It could very easily be the case that the brown wire is the positive. ;) Wont do any harm in trying it. :)

Just reconnect it and keep the lamp body away from the chassis of the car though i expect its plastic anyhow.

Okey doke will do. I was worried about swapping them round because it is lighting up for a second so I assumed I'd got the live to live but something was going nuts and I didn't know if it would cause any damage if I wired it wrong.

I was just using the strip connectors to see if their working. I'll sort it proper once I've tested that they work..........honest :blush:

WTF! Swapped them around....red to brown and black to red/black stripe and the exact same bloody thing. Flashes once ever 4 or 5 seconds.

I can't get it to stay lit. :cry:

Are you fitting these in a Peugeot? The interior light flashes when the doors are open and ignition on?

If in doubt out it back the way it was and leave it :lol:

WTF! Swapped them around....red to brown and black to red/black stripe and the exact same bloody thing. Flashes once ever 4 or 5 seconds.

Are you fitting these in a Peugeot? The interior light flashes when the doors are open and ignition on?

Audi. I thought that so i checked the other side but it was perm lit.

Audi. I thought that so i checked the other side but it was perm lit.

Just put it back the way it was and stop breaking things :bangin: