DVLA Local - Brilliant Service

ChrisS

Decided to put my private plate that was on retention after taking it off the 350 on my new(ish) daily motor.

Called into Norry House in Chester last Monday thinking they would check the retention cert. ,MOT and V5 and then they'd send them off.

Yep they checked them. But.......

They then printed me a new MOT and new tax disc, gave me a form to say I could have the plates made and sent me on my way all in 35 mins.

(I'd had the plates made the week before via Flebay)

Then Friday morning the new V5 arrived. :thumbs:

So all in fantastic service, but the rub is........... They are closing ALL 39 DVLA local centers by November 2013.

So it's either they have just sussed customer service out or because they are closing they are trying to be super efficient.

(I'll go for the second)

I agree that the staff at Chester DVLA are excellent, I couldn't believe how helpful they were when I had all my drama with the ZX a couple of months back. Shrewsbury are terrible though, don't bother with them!

So is it definite that the Chester branch is going? I knew that a percentage of local DVLA offices were going to be closed, but I didn't know that Chester was a cert.

S.

I also noticed this when putting my reg on the zed in february... they also 'suggested' i signed it, which i did; can you imagine doing all the paperwork with no guidance from a DVLA employee, only to have it sent back when you inevitably **** it up?! :surrender: