Seriously poor MPG

dhyndi

well i'm getting 70 miles to £20 according to the fuel gauge??

Run it until the low fuel light comes on, fill it up and make a note of how much fuel you put in, convert this to gallons, reset the mpg avg on your computer and reset trip A to zero on your speedo. When the fuel light comes on again fill it up and note the amount of fuel in gallons again and the miles covered on trip A, do the sums and compare to your mpg avg. As a rough guide, the Zed holds approx 18 gallons of fuel so 18 x 20mpg = 360 to tankful or 18 x 25 = 450 tankful. Keep in mind though that the amount of fuel left can vary from car to car when the low fuel light comes on. Mine used to be about 3 gallons, I've done the fuel gauge float clean thing and it's now about 2 gallons. It's a ball ache of a job and as ionabee says not the safest thing to be messing around with. Alternatively you could buy one of these:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=s ... angauge+ii

Pffffff. I get circa 9 mpg round town in my 370........ But then.......I don't give a sh1t.........if your worried about mpg in a performance car.........sell it :snack:

That's because by the time you get to work it's still on "auto choke", do some bloody miles man :p;)

Pffffff. I get circa 9 mpg round town in my 370........ But then.......I don't give a sh1t.........if your worried about mpg in a performance car.........sell it :snack:

That's because by the time you get to work it's still on "auto choke", do some bloody miles man :p;)

Can't afford to Graham, I only get 9 mpg....still that's 4.5 days to & from work, so all in all it only costs me 6ish quid to go to work nd back.

Anyway, I don't care what mpg I get I just earn shed loads now so :p

Can't afford to Graham, I only get 9 mpg....still that's 4.5 days to & from work, so all in all it only costs me 6ish quid to go to work nd back.

But you've worked it out that it costs £6.00 a week :lol:;)

But you've worked it out that it costs £6.00 a week :lol:;)

Yeah, and I earn 20£ per week, quids in mate..... :yahoo:

I average around 26mpg to work and back etc but seen 40.5mpg up the motorway just gently cruising in sixth don't think il see that to often though...

I worked it out manually and was getting 32mpg but that was when I was bringing her home most motorway roads.

The smile my Zed puts on my face weighs out any poor mpg :yahoo:

Hey - I only get around 21.8 MPG and to be fair I nail it on to the motorway etc quite a lot when leaving work.. are you filling up with BP Ultimate? if your running 95 ron you'll get a few MPG less than expected.. Wheres this Z expert btw? I'm looking for one in NI 'just in case' type thing :)

Hey - I only get around 21.8 MPG and to be fair I nail it on to the motorway etc quite a lot when leaving work.. are you filling up with BP Ultimate? if your running 95 ron you'll get a few MPG less than expected.. Wheres this Z expert btw? I'm looking for one in NI 'just in case' type thing :)

My trip comp says the exact same 21.8mpg and i never get to hit the motorway's all stupid town driving :) only using sell vpower (or what ever its blooming called now)