where to buy a race seat from

soimafreak

Ironically the best place to go for that is Demon Tweeks in Wrexham, they've got loads in stock for you to try. Make a weekend of it and enjoy the local roads, well worth it.

Ah I don't mind demon-tweaks and they do have the best range, they are my go-to modified webshop, but I'm a proper man size and buying a seat online feels wrong. Also didn't realise they had a walk in place :)

Been thinking about this a bit more...

Having a seat is all fine and dandy, But I'll need a harness, I don't have a roll cage to secure it too and I don't really want to by the sparco harness bar at £600 ish

The only reason I want the seat is so I can sit in my car and wear a helmet, so my questions are,

Does anyone use the race seats and normal seat belts ? I can't see how that is sensible as i'd have thought the seat belt would be obstructed by the seat it's self, but if not that solves one problem.

Is there any other places to mount the harness too ? I assume I could use the rear strut brace if I removed the cover, but has anyone done that ?

Yeah, Ive got normal belts and harnesses in my drift car - belts for driving to the track, harnesses for when you are on it. You could mount the harnesses on the strut brace I guess, Id stick with anchoring them to the chassis somewhere though as you dont know how strong the strut brace is .......... wouldnt want one clouting you round the back of the head really :D

If you are going to Wrexham then give Driftworks a shout too, they are in Brum and tend to have seats ion stock to try as well :thumbs:

I got cobra suzuka pro seats after trying loads of seats at autosports international motor show. Just fitted them last week and using the factory belt no issues so far.

Its very good advice you are getting here to try seats before you buy :surrender: . eg i couldn't fit into std seats and had to order GT size which i would never had known except for real life testing. Also you just don't get comfy with some designs irrespective of manufacturer.

NB: I will be putting a super low Bride driver side seat rail for sale soon when i get pics up B) keep you eye out for this.

I have just got a pair Buddy club rails on order as i want matching rails and cannot wait for to import the passenger Bride rail to match :yawn: .