Hello!

Hi everyone

Im Kenny, Just wanted to say hi. Im in the market for a replacement for my current car (Subaru Impreza P1 #906/1000) and I thought this would be a good place to start.

Is there anything i should be looking for when i am buying one? Any common faults I should be aware of?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Kenny

Hi everyone

Im Kenny, Just wanted to say hi. Im in the market for a replacement for my current car (Subaru Impreza P1 #906/1000) and I thought this would be a good place to start.

Is there anything i should be looking for when i am buying one? Any common faults I should be aware of?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Kenny

:welcome: Kenny

This should help

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Category:TSB

I think the main one is the clicky rear axle and some problems can exist with the bose system. :thumbs:

Guest prescience

Hi Kenny,

There are a relatively small number of issues in truth.

Are you buying a UK car or import, I have indicated in the list below where this applies. The list is not complete but covers the main issues:

- clicking rear axle. This is a warranty fix (UK) and you can search for loads more info on here. Not a big deal.

- clunky 6th gear synchro. As above for UK, but expensive if you have to fix for an import manual (£800-£1000). Details of symptoms found via search

- chipping paint on bumper/bonnet. Varies widely but you can see this at point of purchase. Paintshield protection prevents this deteriorating further (£400-£600)

- issues with Bose stereo on GT (and equivalent import models). Warranty fix

With an import there are other issues namely

- the SatNav won't work

- the Radio won't work and may not work even with a frequency changer

- you pay about £200 to get the 112mph speed restriction removed

Generally UK cars and imports are similar though if you get a higher spec import.

Nowt much to worry about really :thumbs:

You could a helluva lot worse than this example

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Guest prescience

I should not admit to this - but I am waivering over that Z; really waivering.

Its not the money - well not directly at least ;)

Hi Kenny

Welcome to the site mate.

These cars are great. The only problem with mine is that Mrs Ming also likes it (she doesn't normally like my 'boys' cars) and as such is always pinching it!! :scare:

Get one got.

Ming the Happy

PS That blue one is top dollar and would be on my shopping list if I hadn't already got my 'undercoat' car!!

Guest prescience

So what is it then?

Indirectly, because there would be no point going for a stock set-up having been F/I before - so it's 17k plus 20k to go built plus TT (at least brakes and suspension are in place, which is why it is tempting :teeth:)

So what is it then?

Indirectly, because there would be no point going for a stock set-up having been F/I before - so it's 17k plus 20k to go built plus TT (at least brakes and suspension are in place, which is why it is tempting :teeth:)

You'll only regret it if you don't, D! ;):evil:

Welcome aboard, Kenny! :thumbs: Get Phil's car bought before we persuade Dorian to part with his hard earned. :teeth: