insurance

stuey

might be a daft question but why do they make a difference? Is it to actually insure the wheels for what their worth? If not then why should it cost more and shouldn't you have the choice of whether you want them insured or not? I can understand when engine performance mods or suspension etc add to your insurance but not so sure why cosmetic stuff does.

might be a daft question but why do they make a difference? Is it to actually insure the wheels for what their worth? If not then why should it cost more and shouldn't you have the choice of whether you want them insured or not? I can understand when engine performance mods or suspension etc add to your insurance but not so sure why cosmetic stuff does.

Could be down to desirability, the fancier looking the car is from the outside, the higher chance someones maybe wanting to nick it. Agree it should be down to choice though :headhurt:

Could be down to desirability, the fancier looking the car is from the outside, the higher chance someones maybe wanting to nick it. Agree it should be down to choice though :headhurt:

I agree, I think this is why Ins companies boost the premiums due to the "fanciability" factor. I can't understand how this works though, as "fanciability" is purely a subjective opinion. A set of wheels that look good to one person might look like horsew@nk to another!

I'd like to know what they would say if somebody put a set of 15" steel rims on their Zed, they are aftermarket wheels afterall.

Its a con! :thumbdown:

toffeeman.