Strut Brace Paint Mod

zebedee8

Hi All

Is it safe to remove strut brace and drive car while prepping brace for repaint/spray mod.

Thanks

Yes it's safe, afterall, 99% of cars don't even have one fitted as standard. But, obviously if your hounding the ass off it, she might flex a bit more and therefore be less stable, but for normal driving, she'll be fine :thumbs:

Or....

I can polish your strut at the same time. No down time as I send you the strut done to your requirements and you return your old one to me.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=60698

I should be taking delivery within the next 7 days of the next strut, and another 7 days after and it would be ready for you delivered to your door :thumbs:

• 10 years later...
On 04/09/2012 at 12:18, Wasso said:

Or....

I can polish your strut at the same time. No down time as I send you the strut done to your requirements and you return your old one to me.

Sorry to dig up an old thread... polish your strut? I'm looking at improving mine, I was planning on giving it a flash with scotcbrite then primer, silver paint for the strut and black for the brackets, and lacquer. Did you polish them?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Payco said:

Did someone mention polishing ?. I remember polishing my engine bay … never again ..

A5D24EBF-57D5-4818-85F5-4209C9AACC61.jpeg

How does it look now? Did you have to coat the plenum to protect it? I plan on doing mine whilst it's off to do the rocker covers! Lovely bay that is!!

• Like 1

Wouldn’t know mate. Sold it about 8 years ago. Didn’t coat it , just cleaned it every week. Was a winter project with my dremel and a polishing wheel one year..

Edited by Payco