Oulton Park novice day, Tues 4th Sept

Squee

Aw, I was hoping there'd be another Zed there to keep me company...am going to ring and try to book tomorrow but there's a good chance it's fully booked so might be at the October one after all.

Ooooh Sarah have fun! :drive1:teeth: Which zed are you taking on?

Thanks Vik :) It's the 350z I'll be taking this time...the ZX has still got standard brakes on and I want to upgrade them before tracking it...hopefully ill be tracking it in the future though :)

S.

Well, just got back from Oulton and what an amazing day I had!

There were only 24 cars that showed up for today so it ended up being open pit lane - it was meant to be sessioned with 5 sessions for the day but I managed to get out 5 times both in the morning and afternoon sesh. And we all got a garage for free too! One downside of the day being quiet was that there weren't too many overtaking opportunities :lol:

Although it was advertised as a novice event the standard of other drivers was very good, in fact I was more aware of true 'novices' at the first trackday I did in May, and although on the ClubMSV website it says you can't book if you've had more than 3 trackdays it wasn't checked and most people there had a good few more than that under their belts. The main difference is that novice days are only for road cars. No other Zeds unfortunately but there was a rather tasty Skyline GTR, a few S2000's and MX-5's, usual Scoobys, a handful of things like Exiges, Caterhams and Marlins.

Apparently ClubMSV always have trouble filling the spaces on these novice days...I can only assume a lot have people had read the anti-novice crap on the PistonHeads website which put them off. But most PistonHeads users tend to be the sort of people who would never admit to ever being a novice with anything car related. From reading some of the stuff on that forum you'd think that the novice days would be full of 17 year olds in Corsas but it certainly wasn't today at Oulton.

If you're thinking about booking the ClubMSV novice day in October then go for it, I can't recommend it highly enough. I paid £200 in total - £150 for the day and 2 x £25 instruction sessions. As mentioned above they don't seem to mind if you have had stacks of trackdays and are a bit of a pro, as long as you are tolerant of beginners.

S.

If you're thinking about booking the ClubMSV novice day in October then go for it, I can't recommend it highly enough. I paid £200 in total - £150 for the day and 2 x £25 instruction sessions. As mentioned above they don't seem to mind if you have had stacks of trackdays and are a bit of a pro, as long as you are tolerant of beginners.

S.

Glad u had fun. I really want to go on track again soon. don't have any more days off though and i'm in flrorida for over 2 weeks in oct so may miss it anyway.

Have you been on any apart from this one since i saw u there all those months ago? :)

Glad u had fun. I really want to go on track again soon. don't have any more days off though and i'm in flrorida for over 2 weeks in oct so may miss it anyway.

Have you been on any apart from this one since i saw u there all those months ago? :)

Hey Chris :wave:

That was my first track day since the one we were both on, I was hoping to do one sooner but a few things cropped up. I only booked the trackday on Monday, very much last minute. Would have been great if you were there too!

Hope you have a good time in Florida. And make sure you take a big enough suitcase to bring back a pair of Berks ;) the trader I bought mine from, who is on here, is based in Florida so you could call in and say 'Hi' lol.

S.